Where to mount air compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having an air compressor (ARB) installed in my 100. It currently will be used for airing-up tires and inflating air mattress, etc... but in the future (couple years) I will likely add lockers (fr, rr) ... so for those of you with ARB lockers where is the air compressor mounted? A pic would be great!

Thanks

I think these guys mount them right behind the air box under the hood.

uzj100

That's where it looks like there is the most room. I was wondering, and picture would mean a thousand words here... is there some particular angle they did it at, or is there a custom mount that was built ... I see that Slee sells a special mount for the 80 but not the 100.

No pix, but I think on the passenger side close to the firewall is a bunch o' space. The LX guys have some sorta gizmo there, but I think on the LC, you should be fine.

You getting lockers on us bro?!!!!!

macneill said:
No pix, but I think on the passenger side close to the firewall is a bunch o' space. The LX guys have some sorta gizmo there, but I think on the LC, you should be fine.

You getting lockers on us bro?!!!!!

You mean where the second battery goes?

Uhhh... yeah... that sounds about right...

spressomon said:
You mean where the second battery goes?

I think the AHC booster goes there in the LX.

Nice John... I apperciate the pics, its exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Looks like there is even room for the second battery... for later.

thats is where the 2nd Slee battery tray would mount.

are you using the new ARB small compressor(which is only used to run the lockers, not to air up) or the older bigger one(like Shotts)?

ShottsUZJ100 said:
My 100 needs a full detail. YUCK!

I think there is only one type of ARB compressor whiich is installed: RDCKA... the others are the portable kind. Here is a pic... looks like Shotts
arb_compressorkit_c.jpg

I bought the slee battery tray and mount the arb compressor. see? looks perfect!

Last edited:
Looks like you have the non-US air box (looks bigger and more extreme) this takes up more space. If look at how Shotts compressor is mounted the compressor stays foward of the fender body panel bolt, which is roughly where the 2n battery tray is in stalled. It seems key to to keep the compress foward of the lower pre-existing bolt on the bottom side of the tray. Than one could do both the compressor and right behind it the second battery. Then the only catch is to find a different spot for "big round red swithch-y looking thing" in Slee's install pics

Question to Christo: In that 2nd Battery install (looks like your white LX) I don't remember you mentioning having installed lockers... So if you have 100 with your dual battery set up, where do you put the compressor?

nope, there is a new one(I had one in my hands 2 months ago at ARB) its very very small and is only used to run the lockers.

here is a link
http://www.4by4connection.com/arbcoairco.html
aircom.jpg

rzpapp said:
I think there is only one type of ARB compressor whiich is installed: RDCKA... the others are the portable kind. Here is a pic... looks like Shotts

sure it will work, I have used mine many times, not too fast but it will do it. Prolly 5-10min to do that.

ShottsUZJ100 said:
So you guys think mine is decent enough to air tires? How long per tire? 16-35PSI...315s

rzpapp, i actually had the 2nd battery installed in front of the air box. i bought the battery tray just for the arb compressor to inflate my tires. i dont really mind about the position of the compressor as long as i am comfortable to attached the hose. as you can see the picture again i had the quick release valve installed and no solenoid. :grinpimp: aren't you going to show us how you install your compressor? ;p goodluck.

Ok the compressors in. Thanks for the pics on the placement. I have it right next to the air box foward of the bolt where the slee battery holder would go so I can install the 2nd battery next to it. Note the factory looking install on the switch, it fit in the single empty spot next to side view mirror controls. And it looks like the 2 locker switches will fit on the other side of the controls (a bigger empty spot)
compressor.JPG
switch.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom