where to look for engine drain plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got Zerostart circulation Engine Heater (series 8000). No instuction how to install it .. didi anyone installed it in B engine? I gues it using a drain plug in engine block (it is not freeze plug type) and heater hose (?) as inlet and outlet... but I'm far from sure ..:) Maybe someone can help me (picks? maybe)

I got Zerostart circulation Engine Heater (series 8000). No instuction how to install it .. didi anyone installed it in B engine? I gues it using a drain plug in engine block (it is not freeze plug type) and heater hose (?) as inlet and outlet... but I'm far from sure ..:) Maybe someone can help me (picks? maybe)

For a drain plug to work ,it has to be at the lowest point of the water jacket.
Follow the line where the oil pan meets block and it should be just above somewhere. Its usually a brass plug ,about 10mm wide

The drain plug is pretty well hidden in the B series engines. it took me a while to find it myself. It is located on the same side as the EDIC and the injection pump. It is located below and behind the EDIC motor on the block... it looks like a nipple with a bolt in it.

My .02 is that this is not the best heater for thei engine. I bought one and returned it becasue I could not find an efficient way to route the coolant back into the heating system at or below the water jacket of the engine as the instructions specified. I got a freeze plug style as a simpler solution. Also, Mark Whatley from TLCA's Toyota Trails goes into the pros and cons of the three major types and recommends the freeze plug style.

Hope this helps.

Kraig

Thank You guys !!! It did help a lot !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom