WHERE TO INSTALL 4WD INDICATOR SWITCH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have converted to non-vacuum 3 speed on the floor on my 1969 Fj40 transfer case. Where does the 4WD switch get mounted on the transfer case?

I don't believe there is a 4WD switch on the transfer case, I believe the switch was on the vacuum mechanism which you removed.

You are correct. The switch was on the mechanism. Does that mean I cannot use the 4wd green indicator light? Or is there another location for the switch with my transfer case? Much Thanks for the response. Jim

You are correct. The switch was on the mechanism. Does that mean I cannot use the 4wd green indicator light? Or is there another location for the switch with my transfer case? Much Thanks for the response. Jim

i have seen a way that a manual linkage 3speed T-CASE had a 4wd green dash light indicator switch involoved , there IS a mud thread on the topic , it was a factory switch too

i have seen a way that a manual linkage 3speed T-CASE had a 4wd green dash light indicator switch involoved , there IS a mud thread on the topic , it was a factory switch too

Are you saying it was a factory setup or someone used the factory switch to make it work? Making a bracket for end of 4WD shift shaft exposed on the nose cone of the transfer case would work. Weld a nut on the bracket would make the switch adjustable. Would be thee switch from the one piece transfer case. Those a normally close with the switch loose. Pushing it in would open the circuit and work the opposite you want. A relay would need to be added to correct the problem. My 68 has had a H42 and manual shift transfer case since 94. Currently needs a clutch and thinking a H42 from a 84 HJ47RV would solve the light problem. 10/82 split transfer cases set up for manual shift already have a switch.

Much Thanks. I'm going to study what you say while looking at the shifting to 4wd. Ill let you know what I come up with. Jim

Are you saying it was a factory setup or someone used the factory switch to make it work? Making a bracket for end of 4WD shift shaft exposed on the nose cone of the transfer case would work. Weld a nut on the bracket would make the switch adjustable. Would be thee switch from the one piece transfer case. Those a normally close with the switch loose. Pushing it in would open the circuit and work the opposite you want. A relay would need to be added to correct the problem. My 68 has had a H42 and manual shift transfer case since 94. Currently needs a clutch and thinking a H42 from a 84 HJ47RV would solve the light problem. 10/82 split transfer cases set up for manual shift already have a switch.

it WAS a factory pin switch John , the one with 2 BLUE wires w/ WHITE tracer stripes and bullet connectors on the ends

i do not know if was factory mounting bracket or a very very clever SKUNK-WORKS'd one ?

i have never seen that set up on another land cruiser ever , so finding this thread using the MUD ADVANCE SEARCH feature functions is going to be necessary , this was along time ago i recall this clearly , because i Unicorn HUNTER for that switch hard all the time , its very very hard to find them these days ............... :confused:

s-l1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom