Where to have a 60 windshield replaced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Anyone know a place that will do this? I have good chrome in my gasket and want to keep it intact, so it would have to be removed with it. I called Floyd's in Taylor and they won't do it anymore.

Safelite did mine and did a good job. The gasket was salveable so they didn’t have to use a new one. Turned out well.

I was turned away by both Safelite shops in the city (they're also WAY more expensive, but I get corporate discounts). They no longer work on 80s model vehicles. I called a couple of places in South Austin. Jose from J1 came out and told me he couldn't do the chrome trim. He recommended Oswaldo from Independent Auto Glass. He did a very nice job. It's pretty involved with using specialty tools, took about 2.5 hours. I'll be having him do the work again when it comes time for a windows out paint job.

Note: if you've got the chrome trim, they have to cut the gasket out for the install, luckily that didn't irk me because I needed a new gasket anyways. I think the work is a lot less involved without the trim, and I would have used J1 because they were cheaper with equally good 4.9* reviews.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. So they did the gasket with chrome? I’m trying to retain the chrome trim, otherwise it is a straight windshield replacement.

Yes, I had just ordered the gasket from Cruiser Corps a week or so ago when they had a sale. I was going to get it replaced anyways because mine was leaking, but the technician told me he had to cut up the old gasket to salvage the chrome trim, so it was nice that I had one ready to go.

Here's a pic of the new windshield. He will still have to come back in a few weeks when the gasket settles to seal it.

CBD8679D-15D3-4674-84F5-62F1BCECA448.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom