Where to go get screwed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Boys,
I have an ARB sahara bumper for my 2004 LC100. The bumper has the fog light kit that comes with it. I was changing the bulb on that light kit when I rounded off the philips head screw that us to retain the bulb (itself) into the hole. The screw is part of the bare metal clip bulb retention system (that is a fancy way to say the "thingy that holds the bulby".

This isn't much of a complex question. But when I went to Home Depot to look for tiny machine screw, they didn't even have anything close to that size. The guy said what my wife said on our wedding night... "whatcha going to do with something that small?"

All joking aside, where do you guys get machine screws this small? I live in NJ and there are some ACE Hardware shops, and Pepboy type places around.

Thanks
photo.jpg

Hobby shop has small rare screws and stuff. Ace hardware also has lots of stuff like that.

Hobby shop has small rare screws and stuff. Ace hardware also has lots of stuff like that.

Ace Hardware has never failed me. Even when I thought there was no way they would have what I am specifically looking for, I checked, and they did. If you have a decent Ace store, they will even special order something that they don't have.

I had never thought of a hobby shop for this stuff. I will keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!

This may be a long shot but try a computer case screw (there are extras in your case used to secure blank PCI slot covers on the back of your PC). It looks very close to that size.

Let me hit the ace. If that fails, tourists is quite clever!

You're a cruiserhead, right? Fearless with tools, right? Just grind or saw a slot in that screw and use a flat blade screwdriver... :)

You're a cruiserhead, right? Fearless with tools, right? Just grind or saw a slot in that screw and use a flat blade screwdriver... :)

This. I've saved countless screws this way...works 90% of the time. McGuyver FTW!

YouTube - mcgyver smoker

If it were me, I'd call ARB on Monday morning. They'll drop a couple in an envelope and probably won't charge you.

Bunny Ranch?

Well. Simple enough, ace had the m3 screw in multiple lengths at $0.15. I will try to fit it today and confirm to you boys the size fits.

Slotting the top of the screw is a good idea but it was already out so I should just replace it.

Thanks

I'd try ACE way before fastenal. He needs one, not one-hundred.

Well. Simple enough, ace had the m3 screw in multiple lengths at $0.15. I will try to fit it today and confirm to you boys the size fits.

Slotting the top of the screw is a good idea but it was already out so I should just replace it.

Thanks

I was right, AGAIN! :beer:

industrial hardware store

for critical apps, not a bad idea to replace the antique straight slot and phillips heads with allen or torx screws. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom