Where to Go from Here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I’m getting stuff done, but a little slower then I’d like and often find myself asking what’s next - I usually know what’s next but don’t know how. I’ve been doing more sanding and I’ve also gotten a good bit off like the hood, grill pieces, etc. Where should I go from here?

Perhaps a picture or two of what's done and maybe some info on where you'd like to end up would help.
8559D693-1476-464F-95B5-849D1218F8F1.jpeg

Here’s this - I’ll probably post in a night or two in much more detail of what my plans are - for one - it’s turned into a frame off resto which is a pretty big change. So currently I’m in the process of figuring out disassembly.

You should continue posting your progress in the build thread you started. With pics, of course.

wellp, you can either take more stuff apart, or start putting stuff back together.

Ah, the good ole rabbit hole.

Just keep pulling parts and toss into a pile. Don’t worry about taking pictures or making notes, you’ll remember how it all goes back together. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Just kidding, good luck with it, if I can help, I will.

Yes, I’ll certainly keep pulling it apart.. Can anyone point me towards a good thread for how to take off the whole windshield and I believe the dash pad? I think that’s my next step.

To remove the windshield just remove the hinge screws from the W/S and disconnect the wires to the wiper motor. 1st you should apply PB blaster or something like that to the screws and hinge pins. You will probably will need a impact driver to get them loose. To remove the dash pad the windshield needs to be folded down or removed. Be sure to lubricate the hinge pins so they will work. I soaked mine for a long while before removing the screws.

What's the reluctance to posting in your original post?

To remove the windshield just remove the hinge screws from the W/S and disconnect the wires to the wiper motor. 1st you should apply PB blaster or something like that to the screws and hinge pins. You will probably will need a impact driver to get them loose. To remove the dash pad the windshield needs to be folded down or removed. Be sure to lubricate the hinge pins so they will work. I soaked mine for a long while before removing the screws.

What's the reluctance to posting in your original post?
Ok thank you. I wasn’t sure if I should start a new thread or keep it all in the build thread. I’ll move back to the build thread now though. Thanks

Keep taking parts off and leave it all scattered throughout the shed until you have nothing but a frame.
Then clean the frame and put it all back together again in a reverse order to how you dissembled it.
Loose 3/4 of the parts and give up and sell it on Craigslist in box's.
Have someone buy it for 1/10 of the price you payed who has no idea what they're in for and no idea how it was taken apart and what's missing.
They will then scatter it throughout their shed and also loose interest and pass it on.
The process repeats infinity till all parts are lost.

Keep taking parts off and leave it all scattered throughout the shed until you have nothing but a frame.
Then clean the frame and put it all back together again in a reverse order to how you dissembled it.
Loose 3/4 of the parts and give up and sell it on Craigslist in box's.
Have someone buy it for 1/10 of the price you payed who has no idea what they're in for and no idea how it was taken apart and what's missing.
They will then scatter it throughout their shed and also loose interest and pass it on.
The process repeats infinity till all parts are lost.

I picked up two of those and they are going back together as one pretty well.

:rofl:

I picked up two of those and they are going back together as one pretty well.

:rofl:
Haha your doing alright turning two into one!
The ones I see for sale i reckon you would need about 8 to make something that semi resembles a landcruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom