Where to get tubing bent in Phoenix area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cartercd

SILVER Star
Threads
I am making a roof rack using 1" EMT conduit. I bought a conduit bender off E-Bay, but I'm getting kinks in my 90 degree bends. 1" EMT is really tough to bend vs. 3/4". I can buy pre-bent elbows and weld them in, but I'm trying to avoid visible connections. Any recommendations for where I could go in Phoenix area (preferably East Valley) to have four 90 degree elbows bent? Note that 1" EMT has O.D. of 1.163" vs. 1" pipe that has O.D. of 1.315", so the bender die may need to be different.

I am making a roof rack using 1" EMT conduit. I bought a conduit bender off E-Bay, but I'm getting kinks in my 90 degree bends. 1" EMT is really tough to bend vs. 3/4". I can buy pre-bent elbows and weld them in, but I'm trying to avoid visible connections. Any recommendations for where I could go in Phoenix area (preferably East Valley) to have four 90 degree elbows bent? Note that 1" EMT has O.D. of 1.163" vs. 1" pipe that has O.D. of 1.315", so the bender die may need to be different.

More foot pressure = no kinks ;)

Contact an electrician or catch one on the street and offer a sixer in trade for bending the conduit.

Are you filling the tube with sand or some other filler to distribute the load? Or Are the bends so tight that they're beyond the stretch limits of the material?

Are you filling the tube with sand or some other filler to distribute the load? Or Are the bends so tight that they're beyond the stretch limits of the material?

No need
Again more foot pressure

No need
Again more foot pressure

What Phil said. That or bad pipe. Rare but I have seen where even 1/2" kinks. My money is with foot pressure, that is why the heel is there.

I've given all the foot pressure I have to give and still not getting consistent bends. I'm using a standard 1" conduit bender, so the bend radius shouldn't bee too tight. Every try costs me $10 in wasted conduit. I could try packing the conduit with sand, but at this point I'm willing to pay someone to get it right the first time. I've looked at a lot of YouTube videos and can see that moving from 3/4" to 1" EMT seems to increase the difficulty level substantially. JGunner thanks for the suggestion on X1 Motorsports in Mesa, but they don't show up online anywhere.

Aluminum.

I've given all the foot pressure I have to give and still not getting consistent bends. I'm using a standard 1" conduit bender, so the bend radius shouldn't bee too tight. Every try costs me $10 in wasted conduit. I could try packing the conduit with sand, but at this point I'm willing to pay someone to get it right the first time. I've looked at a lot of YouTube videos and can see that moving from 3/4" to 1" EMT seems to increase the difficulty level substantially. JGunner thanks for the suggestion on X1 Motorsports in Mesa, but they don't show up online anywhere.
Here is his cell. Try between 9-5 text is prob best as he is a one man show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom