Where to get replacement Warn 8274 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where is the best place to get replacement 8274-50 parts? Direct from Warn? Where can I access a parts diagram? Just bought a "new" Warn 8274-50 from a guy in PA and it arrived here in Houston with the plastic cover cracked and the internal frame is bent under the plastic cover. Thanks a lot UPS! :-\ That's 2 for 2 on damaged shipments. I'm seeing a pattern forming here with those a**holes!

Also, how can I identify a 4.6hp version from a 2.5 hp version? It's supposed to be a new 4.6 hp version.

Thanks

if its an 8274-50 then its 4.6hp

go to the Warn site, they have the diagrams(hmmm I can't find them anymore). You can get parts thru most 4x4 shops or Warn service centers

try here
http://www.dsiwarn.com/service_parts.htm

WARN has great customer service.(800 543 WARN-9276) If you know your serial number, which should be stamped into the top housing, you can figure out what you need off of one of the brake downs that John posted a link to, and call them. They may be persistant about trying to get you to call a dealer in your area, but you should be able to have them sell to you, for list price, which most probably, is what you would pay in your area.

Find a autorized service center in your area, and give them a call, John Witt owns the Four Wheel drive center of Minnesota, and stocks a lot of service parts for the product line, you may get lucky and find someone open on Saturday that has what you need...

Good luck!

-Steve

The electrical motor will say series wound power 4.6HP.

All 8274-50's have this motor, it was the upgrade implemented on the 25th year of production, otherwise they have not changed a whole lot since 1974...

Hands down, the best winch for the money, you will be very happy with this, as will the lucky sap on the other end of the line ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom