Where to get parts?!?! WAS: (URGENT! Real time q& a... Need bolt size)] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin TX area, by way of the Outer Banks of NC
Website
www.nooktinyhomes.com
Okay, so I have got to replace the four studs that mount the steering arm to the knuckle... I am also going to rebuild the birf/ knuckle replace seals, etc. Who should I get the parts from? I just ordered the studs from cruiserparts and they arrived today. I would say it was via "air mail" because the driver literally threw them from the driveway up onto my porch (20' +/-). He has a hell of an arm and his aim was impeccable. Glad it wasn't fragile. I opened the box, and I got my studs... Only problem was that hey were used and the "old" style, meaning that they DID NOT have the torx end. I need to order the "new" studs, and gasket/bearing/seals for front end. Who is the best resource (read: need new parts!) for me to buy the parts from. I am literally dead in the water until I can get the parts in.... Any thoughts? Thanks :doh:

http://www.ih8mud.com/ads.php

American Toyota is the forum source for factory stock parts....cruiserdan on the forum...and yer in luck, he's back from vacation :D

Lots of other great vendors on that list too....

beachcruiser said:
Okay, so I have got to replace the four studs that mount the steering arm to the knuckle... I am also going to rebuild the birf/ knuckle replace seals, etc. Who should I get the parts from?

Dan at American Toyota...his Mud user name is Cruiserdan, PM him.

I tired the other day to PM him, but he wasn't accepting private messages... I was thinking of sending up the "DAN" signal, maybe he'll see it out there in Albuquerque!

he was on vacation, as 5-6 posts in ChitChat will attest to, and his PM's were turned off....

In case you haven't caught the billboard advertisement flash at the top of the screen, Dan's number is 1-800-432-6668, Ext. 8. Leave a message and let him know your in a jamb. He will call you typically within the day.

:beer:
Rookie2

Would suggest 2 things: first, get the parts ahead of time next time :doh: :flipoff2: and second learn who to search around the forum to find things like Dan being on vacation (or you could always just have called and left a vmail or talked to one of his coworkers).

Thanks all... I spoke with Dan earlier today, and all of the studs and birf rebuild parts are on the way... The man is, well, THE MAN. He is an invaluable resource for all of us 'cruiser nuts... Thanks Dan, and the rest of you guys that have gotten be "back on my feet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom