Where to get OEM cargo net fastening hardware? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The OEM cargo net has these small plastic hooks on the plastic trunk sidewall panels that hold it in place. I have those. The problem is, the hooks have this small black rubber fastner w/ a metal piece in it that sits in a hole in the chassis, and the clip screws into that black rubber fastner. I'm missing that black rubber fastner. According to my Toyota dealer, those small black rubber fastners aren't an available part. So if I use the cargo net, all the strain is on the plastic trunk sidewall panels, which will eventually spider & crack. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for these rubber fastners?

TIA!

Are you talking about a cargo area tonneau cover (not an available option in the US)? Some pictures would help.

Here are pics of the clip I'm talking about. The small black rubber fastner w/ a metal piece isn't pictured; it sits on the other end of the clip, behind the trunk panel.

TIA
IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0732.jpg

That's not OEM as far as I know. It looks like an aftermarket cargo net hook. You could try some auto parts places for a similar replacement.

That's not OEM as far as I know. It looks like an aftermarket cargo net hook. You could try some auto parts places for a similar replacement.

x2.

There was no oem cargo net in NA.

Darn. So I have a non-OEM hole in my side panel that I gotta find a solution for lol. Lets hope I can find a similar hook & fastner

Last edited:
Sounds like you're talking about a well-nut. You can find those at your local hardware store.

x2.

There was no oem cargo net in NA.

It was a factory dealer accessory, now long-ago discontinued. I have the hooks still in mine.

He needs to find some small wellnuts to fit the hooks.

I have the same thing on my veh. I recently had to remove my PS rear int panel, and I had to remove the plastic clip/ hook (haven't reinstalled it yet). It wasn't installed very well, and the sheet metal had been hacked to make a hole/ slot for the stud on the plastic clip/ hook. This is all I had to fasten it - a metal clip that slipped over the steel lip on the body. You can see that the threads have been stripped as well.
IMG_0328.jpg

I know this is an old thread but did you ever find the hooks you were looking for? I am looking for the same hooks.
The post above mine links to an OEM part, but f I recall, I got mine from JC Whitney or someplace. But that was like three Subarus ago...

the one i referenced above is not a good part # for a 2006, I learned the hard way... still don't have them....The later model clips just push/snap in, no threads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom