Where to get injectors for 1HD-T 4.2L? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guy's,

Does anyone have a lead on where to get diesel injectors for a '91 1hd-t 4.2L? I live in Calgary and have called Pro-Active for a quote ($1400 installed). Then I called Caynon Creek Toyota $600 for just the injectors($1250-$1400 installed). 4wheel parts in Edmonton is to get back to me on monday. Do these prices sound right and is $800 labour fair?:hmm:

Thats BS, can you rebuild them?? Bring them to a diesel shop - why do you need new ones?

Hey Guy's,

Does anyone have a lead on where to get diesel injectors for a '91 1hd-t 4.2L? I live in Calgary and have called Pro-Active for a quote ($1400 installed). Then I called Caynon Creek Toyota $600 for just the injectors($1250-$1400 installed). 4wheel parts in Edmonton is to get back to me on monday. Do these prices sound right and is $800 labour fair?:hmm:

They dont fit new injectors,they add new nozzles, check the springs and test pressure and spray pattern
They charge about $400 for rebuilt injectors and fitting in Australia for a non turbo but I cant see the turbo being being much more.
Keep looking around and make sure who ever does them is not just sending them out to someone who can do them.

The 1HDT injectors are a double spring injector and usually cost a fair bit more than the single spring injector to get rebuilt. The last set I got rebuilt from Cooma Diesel cost $785.00 for a rebuild. There are Chinese nozzles available but Denco Dealers will not use these nozzles. cheers

Hey

You could call Harrington Diesel 266-4888. They might not want to rebuild them (in house) but they could install. Check the phone book Diesel injection.
Cheers

Thats BS, can you rebuild them?? Bring them to a diesel shop - why do you need new ones?
Since this is my daily driver, I don't think I could rebuild them. I had taken my LC to a diesel shop and they mentioned getting them done to help increase mileage. I'm getting 17mpg city and 21mpg hwy.

Another quick question, is sagging on one side of the LC due to worn out springs and has anyone heard of a "TOM'S" lift before?:confused:

Since this is my daily driver, I don't think I could rebuild them. I had taken my LC to a diesel shop and they mentioned getting them done to help increase mileage. I'm getting 17mpg city and 21mpg hwy.

Pretty sure if you do a search you will find a thread where we were discussing whether the injectors were double spring or not and GB posted a good picture of an injector. He also named a place in Canada that could do these injectors correctly, as not all injector shops have the right machines to do these Denco double spring injectors. If the shop is about to do a good job on them they will ask for your fuel pump number.cheers

The injectors normally have a minimum 100000 klm service life. If they are bad they can affect economy but other things can do that as well.
Usually ,the first sign of bad injectors is black smoke (but other things can cause that too)

The normal procedure (if you dont do them youself) is to take it to a diesel shop that swaps your injectors and adjusts the fuel pump to suit.
This is best done with new air and fuel filters;)

time to join a club. Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser association might be a good place to hang out once and awhile to find out the local secrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom