Where to get gear? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to get some gear for car/ site camping for a trip to Maine this summer. I have checked some places, but have found the options to be limited. I am looking for a screen house, possibly with a second room that offers some rain protection as well, a two or three burner stove, and some odds and ends. Does anyone have recommendations on models and where to purchase?

I have checked the following places already:
cabelas, campmor, REI, sierra trading post

I really like my Camp Chef stove for car camping. Its only drawback is size. Its big/heavy and takes up a lot of space. I purchased it at Sportsman's Warehouse. I don't know if you have a location locally. I really like the grill attachment. Its like having your home gas grill with you too.

Big Gas Grill 3 - By Camp Chef

Otherwise I also own a standard Coleman 2 burner white gas stove. It has worked very well for many years and is much smaller in size.
spg90b.jpg
425F499G_500.jpg

If you are not an REI member- be come one. Get a REI reward credit card, this pays dividend checks annually, with a 100% guarantee on equipment (peace of mind). Also try Dick's sporting goods, they sell camp chef, which has been mentioned here, I have the All-Terrain 2-burn propane-great stove! Also, try Coleman's militaary surplus supply (Coleman's Military Surplus, army surplus. survival gear, USGI generator, hunting, camping gear). I just placed a large camping order, and haev been very pleased with their service and product. Lastly, act quickly- gas prices are going uuuuuppppppppppppppp!!!!!!

You've pretty much hit them all.

X2 on REI membership. It'll let you shop the nearest store's quarterly scratch & dent sale, which is where the bargins are.

yes. get an rei membership. that way you can contribute to closing down to trucks, the trails you use.

Zimm,

Do you know something the rest of of do not? I research REI's company objectives and have read nothing about closing 4x4 driving. If this is the case show me the info., there is no way that I would support limiting 4x4 driving, or the banning/closure of trails.

Van

REI is a major supporter of the sierra club. Sierra club = devil.

Just make PB&J's its easier............

Bass pro shops?

I'm trying this

I am gonna try these single burners. They use butane, and come in a handy case. $45 from my local restaurant supply dist. A case (12) of butane cans, spray paint size bottle, is about $63. I've seen them at large Asian supermarkets in the city here also.

Probably not useful for a big group. I think you get about a half hour to an hour, on each bottle, depending, but acts more or less like a normal gas burner, and is the same size as a normal gas burner.

I haven't used it camping yet, so I will let you know. Made by Update.
stove.jpg

Downeast, ya know.

Which part of Maine?

We will be staying at the Ocean Woods Campground in Birch Harbor, @ 45 min. by car to the NE of Bar Harbor. I stumbled upon this place, and we are really looking forward to it. It is a nature preserve, minimum site size of 1/4 acre with 30+ trees per site. We got an oceanfront site for two adults/ two kids for $34 a night. The owners have a commercial fishing pier on site nearby, so I plan on dock priced lobster dinner all week.

We'll drive to Winter Harbor, where my F.I.L. is teaching, and catch the ferry with our bikes to Bar Harbor to cruise the town and hit Acadia. Just bought a trailer/stroller combo so the kids can lounge in style. I can't wait. Is it July yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom