Where to get a new/used front axle housing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I´m new here. I own a ´86 HJ61 and at the moment I´m cruising through south america (now in Chile). Unfortunatelly I got problems with my front axle (axle housing is bented) and I need new or used axle housing, if possible with steering knuckles.

If there is someone here living in Chile and wants to sell such a sparepart or knows where to buy, please contact me!!!

THank you very much!!!

Florian

There are quite a few Central/South American members here, I'm sure some will chime in.
GG

@Granite Grinder

Thanks for your comment! Do you know if it´s possible to get a new axle housing directly from Toyota Japan? The Toyo Dealers here in Chili are sometimes not clever ones and don´t want to do anything regarding the good old cars!

Best Regards

Florian

@Granite Grinder

Thanks for your comment! Do you know if it´s possible to get a new axle housing directly from Toyota Japan? The Toyo Dealers here in Chili are sometimes not clever ones and don´t want to do anything regarding the good old cars!

Best Regards

Florian

You can look up the part number for your axle on OpenX, then ask the toyota dealer if that part is available.

@D'Animal:

The axle is bent too much. On the drivers site it was more then 10cm (4") upwards, on the codrivers 1". We tried to re-bend the axle but it was only a little bit possible because finally the housing started to crush under the pressure.

@2mmb:

The last time we tried to get some prices from Toyota Chile via a loacal dealer it was not very successful: After nearly one week of waiting for the prices and if parts avaiable in Japan we had no answere from Toyota Chile. Then we dicided to order the parts via a direct importer without knowing if the parts are avaiable in Japan or not. I hope the dealers in Santiago are a little bit more flexible....

@all:

No offer???

Regards

Florian

Florian, you got my number, call me when you arrive, we´ll find a solution.

It's hard to find 60 series axles here, all I´ve found are 40 series axles. Some claim that they can be lengthened to match the 60 series width, but it might be easier to fix your current axle. I know a couple of people who can do a great job right here in Santiago. (sent you my cell number by PM)

I love it when things work out like this. What a great community the LC family is.

@D'Animal:

The axle is bent too much. On the drivers site it was more then 10cm (4") upwards, on the codrivers 1". We tried to re-bend the axle but it was only a little bit possible because finally the housing started to crush under the pressure.

@2mmb:

The last time we tried to get some prices from Toyota Chile via a loacal dealer it was not very successful: After nearly one week of waiting for the prices and if parts avaiable in Japan we had no answere from Toyota Chile. Then we dicided to order the parts via a direct importer without knowing if the parts are avaiable in Japan or not. I hope the dealers in Santiago are a little bit more flexible....

@all:

No offer???

Regards

Florian

Forget Toyota Chile, they are ignorant pirates! you should only go to them in cases where no other solution is possible...

The axle is bent too much. On the drivers site it was more then 10cm (4") upwards, on the codrivers 1". Florian

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles in Chile. Just out of curiousity, how did you bend the axle ??

I know your priority will be to get going again ASAP....but please post some photos if it's at all possible.

Best wishes for a speedy repair !!

Last edited:
BTW, I have a 1986 HJ61 front axle housing stripped at the moment. Although I am no mechanic, if it helps, I would be happy to answer any questions or post photos of how things should look.

Just wanted to let you guys know I got a call from my friends at ARB Chile. Florian is OK, they're in Santiago and working with ARB Chile to find a solution. He might not be able to log into mud, his laptop is broken. Will keep you guys posted as I get more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom