Where to get a 1966 water pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I brought home my wife’s old 1966 land Cruiser to get it running again. It’s been parked in the barn for about 15 years. Water pump is shot. Cant seem to find a new one on Ebay or any where else for that matter. Any suggestions on a site that may have one?

Rock Auto sells one for around 34 dollars. The part number is GMB 1701080
Are you certain it fits the 1966? i looked on EBay, and the oldest one there is for 1967. Those fit 67-70 something. Did not mention fitting the 1966. I know nothing about the different engines in these. If it was a small block Chevy, heck they fit every SBC from 1954 to the mid 80s, probably even later ones.

Are you certain it fits the 1966? i looked on EBay, and the oldest one there is for 1967. Those fit 67-70 something. Did not mention fitting the 1966. I know nothing about the different engines in these. If it was a small block Chevy, heck they fit every SBC from 1954 to the mid 80s, probably even later ones.

I'd get OEM from cruiser outfitters or another trusted vendor.

John Pardi @pardion might be another used pump option.

The guys above obviously have no experience with f135 water pumps.

You have a few options.

1) search the internet like hell and hope you find one. They’re still out there. I think there’s one on eBay right now.

2) rebuild yours. There’s some info in the FJ25 section regarding rebuilding them.

3) use an f145/f155 water pump and lower hoses/tube. SOR sells this as a kit since they don’t have the early style pump, either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom