Where to find a tail light lens... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could anyone point me in the direction of somone who could sell me a passenger side tail light lens for my LJ78? I used to get my parts from Crushers, but since he's moved away, i need to find somone else to bug...

Oh, i'm in Calgary btw

Check ebay.there are always a few available.

On Ebay? Maybe . . .

There are lots of aussie tail lights. etc. but I don't know how they match with the LJ / HZJ / KZJ's (which are the same according to the EPC).

These lights are quite common on ebay.The LJ78/79 prado and the BJ series as well as the new 2007 70 series all have the same tail lights.

These lights are quite common on ebay.The LJ78/79 prado and the BJ series as well as the new 2007 70 series all have the same tail lights.

Careful ,the post 99 or is it 98, have only the brake lights/ park light/reverse light. They have the turn signals on the bumper because the spare tyre on the door blocks off the a view of the turn signals.
I might not have it exactly right but that is the nature of the difference:D

You can tell by the color,see below
saturday night fever 018 (Small).jpg
exotic cruisers 022 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Rosco is right - there are different tail lights available for the LJ78.
And for ebay: Be careful what you buy - you cant put a 70/73/75 series tail light on a 76/77 and LJ78 series Cruiser.

I think it will be hard to find a cheap replica of these tail lights.
My local parts dealer had to order them directly from Japan...

Michael

Anyone got a pic of what the LJ7* tail lights look like? Are they like the ones on my FJ73 ?
I would have thought it would be ok if they were of the same year.
exotic cruisers 005 (Small).jpg

Try G&S or mustang.bc.ca. Should be the same as the HZJ77 or PZJ77 of the same vintage (pre 92 JDM)

The lights on my LJ79 Prado are exactly the same as on your FJ.

I have a feeling that the tail lights will differ to suit the vehicle standards of the intended market.
One aussie ebay seller says these are only for 84-92 but yours is a 96.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the tail lights will differ suit the vehicle standards of the intended market.
One aussie ebay seller says these are only for 84-92 but yours is a 96.

Well...either way im sure there will not be any fitment issues as the bodylines of all these cars are the same as far as the rear is concerned.There are a few LJ78's in my town and all of them have the same lights.

You might be right about them being market specific.

I think the answer is close but no cig for other 70 lights . . .

I remember some discussion a year or so ago about getting DOT approved 77/78 rear lights and Crushers clearly stating there were differences between other 70's and the 77/78's.

Here's one of the threads with comparison pics:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/intl-jdm-owners-alliance/101871-dot-lights-77-78-a.html

Now, I don't know if this applies to 79's . . .

I sure wish I was wrong, it would be a lot cheaper!

But thanks again to Wayne (Crushers) who is (was?) the man as far as "hands on" knowledge goes with the 70 series.

Thanks for that thread.i have to say i did not notice that difference until now.Are you sure the mounting surface is different though??? i just think the llenses are different in design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom