Where to find a new windshield for ‘97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty much any auto glass place and/or dealer.

Dealer was cheapest for me at $320ish installed.

Some guy on Fb recently said that the 80 windshields were actually NOT discontinued and they can be shipped from Japan. No idea if this is true, but worth calling a dealer just to check.

Amayama won't supply one as they will not ship glass, but if partsouq or megazip have any they'll ship glass. Genuine I thought was now NLA in all variations. I'm sure OGBeno can confirm this.

Last edited:
Nest step is to find an installer that will actually do a correct install. You almost have to hold them at gunpoint to get them to glue the gasket and the windshield.

Several good vendors out there. I've seen 3M and Sika get used and perform. Pretty sure the Sika was 221. Unsure of the 3M product.

Installers don't want to deal with the time required to execute the clean up process.

I trust the 3M stuff. Had the glass on my LX replaced year and a half ago. got very lucky with getting a piece of OEM glass.

Hey Onur,

Happy New Year. It has been a long time. I hope you are well.

If I could find 56111-60200 or 56111-60190 or 56111-60060, can you please opine which would be the best choice for a 40th 97 FZJ-80 per color and potential visor tint? Driver is 6'1"

Thank you,
J

Hey Onur,

Happy New Year. It has been a long time. I hope you are well.

If I could find 56111-60200 or 56111-60190 or 56111-60060, can you please opine which would be the best choice for a 40th 97 FZJ-80 per color and potential visor tint? Driver is 6'1"

Thank you,
J
You won't find any of them. Trust me, i tried. All gone.

Here in Australia I got a new windscreen installed properly for $220au (which is like $155usd). Maybe becuase we have more cruisers around the price is cheaper?

@Feistl : Could you look at the right lower corner of the windshield and tell us what brand and what numbers/letters are printed on the glass (or post up a photo)?

Good time to check for rust around the windscreen opening too.

Here in Australia I got a new windscreen installed properly for $220au (which is like $155usd). Maybe becuase we have more cruisers around the price is cheaper?
Was the install done properly? That price couldn't include a new factory rubber seal. Still haven't replaced my front glass yet due to multiple factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom