where to camp and hang for 4th ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
ok me and my sister along with some friends wanna go camping for the 4th of july but were looking for some place with stuff to do. like some 4 wheeling, maybe a water hole, a cave anything. we were thinking about leaving on like fri and going and keep in mind when i say 4 wheeling i dont mean anything hard core. my cruiser doesnt have a lift yet and the suspention needs major replacing. my sis drives a stock 98 4 runner so yeah nothing huge. also if any of u are intrested in meeting up when we decide a place your more then welcome.

any ideas?

mike

Last 4th I spent up on the North rim of the Grand Canyon - Lots of FR to drive with nice temps at this time of year.

Just NE of Perkinsville is the Sycamore trail ...a sort hike you will find a nice swiming hole.

NW of Flag there are Lava tubes with good camping and lots of FR to cruise.

Good swiming holes on FR 708 between Camp Verde and Strawberry, stay away from Childs unless you like naked old men.

Like Phil says North is the place. If you drive up through Sedona on 89a up oak creek canyon you can stop near slide rock and anywhere on the oak creek for some water fun. When you head to the top of Oak Creek canyon past the summit the road levels out, on your left is FR 535 ( with a map in hand) take that FR towards the turkey butte fire tower, killer 360 views of the whole area visitors are welcome. The ranger in the tower is very knowledgeable and enjoys guests. He will give you a complete tour of the mountain peaks and the area lore. He also knows of a secret water hole which overlooks the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness (be sure to ask him :). Plenty of hiking, FR wheeling, and camping spots in the pines. Propane only with no wood or charcoal fires at this time of extreme fire danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom