where to buy Wits End/Landtank modified blue hub fan clutch. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says, does anyone have a link to the modified blue hub fan clutch? It's been NA from the wits end website for a month or 2 now. I've replaced the majority of my cooling system with oem and in still running a bit high, esp on the beach in soft sand with the AC on. The last thing I have to do is throw some weather stripping around the radiator and a new fan clutch. Thanks.

What clutch do you have in there now? Why not just crack it open and put some higher cst fluid in. Easy simple project.

I may purchase the hub pending landtank's cost. the one I have on there is original. Is there anything special about replacing the cst oil?

I may purchase the hub pending landtank's cost. the one I have on there is original. Is there anything special about replacing the cst oil?
Nope, but IIRC you want to use a JIS bit. Split it half and prop the 2 halves like a tepee in a bowl and let drain at least over night. Some put in the oven a little while to help drain.

There are some good write ups here on the matter. I used 12k or maybe it 15k Team Associates R/C oil, its been awhile.

Nope, but IIRC you want to use a JIS bit. Split it half and prop the 2 halves like a tepee in a bowl and let drain at least over night. Some put in the oven a little while to help drain.

There are some good write ups here on the matter. I used 12k or maybe it 15k Team Associates R/C oil, its been awhile.
For that matter, I don't think they really break, just the oil inside breaks down. If I remember its just eaton one that people deem weaker in performance. I had an original "black" hub that I modded. But again, there are some good thread that cover all those matters here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom