Where to buy windshield hinge bolt through side mirrors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CCOT has a set of chrome ones w/ square mirrors for about 90.00 I think. I have a set that came with my cruiser and they look great.

JTOutfitters sells the mirrors that are cheaper, round heads or more $ for the square heads, but i had to get the bolt kit from CCOT

i went military surplus and found some that look just like the original soft top mirrors.i think they were m37 and they dont rattle.

Start with your local Toyota dealer or call CDan at American Toyota. I will post the part numers shortly. I know the heads are available (round and square) and I am 90% sure the arms are also.

Most of the sellers on eBay are just buying them from Toyota and marking them up. People assume you cannot get them for the dealer anymore and they just buy from eBay.

FL000002.jpg

FL000001.jpg

FJ40-topless.jpg

My cheap solution.

Start with your local Toyota dealer or call CDan at American Toyota. I will post the part numers shortly. I know the heads are available (round and square) and I am 90% sure the arms are also.

Most of the sellers on eBay are just buying them from Toyota and marking them up. People assume you cannot get them for the dealer anymore and they just buy from eBay.

Here you go...

87902-60030 windshield mount arm
87901-90301 small round head mirror
87901-60011 rectangular mirror head

My 73 fj40 didn't have any mirrors when I purchased it. The door's didn't have any holes for mirrors and since the doors stay off most of the time anyway I looked for windshield hinge mounting. I got mine from CCOT. They are very adjustable and can be extended outwards if you are pulling a trailer. When I first mounted the mirrors the doors if opened fully would hit the mirrors. I ended up putting a rubber bushing on the door limiter to stop the doors b4 hitting the mirrors. Now I like that the doors don't open all the way when the wind hits them and the bushing softens the impact and keeps anything from breaking. The mirror heads themselves are stainless and after 4 years I still have no problems. If you are on a trail and need to get the mirrors out of the way of damage just push the mirror arm in past the windshield edge.
DSCN0660.jpg
DSCN0661.jpg
DSCN0662.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom