Where to Buy Windshield Glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my broken windshield glass. Where do you guys suggest I buy it from?

I checked the local auto glass shops and they want $250.00 for glass and install, and I supply the new rubber gasket.

Is this the going rate or am I just cheap?

I need to replace my broken windshield glass. Where do you guys suggest I buy it from?

I checked the local auto glass shops and they want $250.00 for glass and install, and I supply the new rubber gasket.

Probably about going rate, SOR sells a template (forget cost), I took that to have cut a few years back. All in I doubt I was that much lower. Install is pretty easy being flat if you can save there.

I had a new glass cut for my 45 a few years back. IIRC, my ‘shop’ price was $125 for the glass and $85 for the house call and install.

Take that with a grain of sand: LA is a big city, with a lot of competition, and the guy was looking to score some brownie points so I would call him again.

It shouldn’t cost that much to have your old one copied

I had a new glass cut for my 45 a few years back. IIRC, my ‘shop’ price was $125 for the glass and $85 for the house call and install.

Take that with a grain of sand: LA is a big city, with a lot of competition, and the guy was looking to score some brownie points so I would call him again.

Any chance I could get his info?

I had one cut for me in Dallas for about $ 150-175. Installed it myself. So, $ 250 is probably about the going rate with labor.
Good to know.

thanks bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom