Where to buy vacuum Pump & AC manifold gauge set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to recharge my DD AC with R134a and it has completely vented so I need a vacuum pump and AC manifold gauge set. Instead of paying someone else to do it I would like to buy a 1-3 cfm vacuum pump & gauge set. I am looking for a set that has fittings for R12 too so I can get my cruiser leak checked.

Do most manifold gauges have a vacuum gauge? I would like to leak check the system so I want a vacuum gauge on the manifold or pump. Harbor freight has some pumps with no vacuum gauges but they might be an option.

Any ideas on a good place to buy them?

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I decided not to buy AC tools when I found out Autozone will loan them free. You pay a deposit- $100 for the guages and $200 for the pump- and when you return them you get the deposit back. If you don't return them, they consider them sold. They ones I got were decent tools, so I figured it wasn't worth the money and hassle of storage and maintenance to own them.

-Spike

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I decided not to buy AC tools when I found out Autozone will loan them free. You pay a deposit- $100 for the guages and $200 for the pump- and when you return them you get the deposit back. If you don't return them, they consider them sold. They ones I got were decent tools, so I figured it wasn't worth the money and hassle of storage and maintenance to own them.

-Spike

I called around to a couple of Autozones around here and none of them do that.

That sucks- I hope they didn't discontinue that here- I have two trucks that need AC attention. :frown:

-Spike

Harbor Freight. That is where I bought my vacuum pump. Has worked fine for the past 2 years.

Most autoparts places sell gauges. Get a cheap set.

Or go all out and get a set of Mastercool manifolds. I bought mine 15 years ago and they will probably outlive me.

as far as a vacuum pump all you need is a air hose and a end like you use in a sand blaster just hook it up turn the air on and stick in a bucket of water it will draw it down then turn off the guages and hook up the can and charge easy to do. its hard to explain but you hook the ac hose up to it and hook the air hose up instead of sucking sand it will suck the freon out.

Last edited:
Yes most do. I n fact it will not go as low as 30. A perfect vaccum is 29.92. Any where in that range your fine. Most important thing before pulling the vaccum guage. Let it sit overnight after its reaches the vac pressure you want so you know its not leaking...........or simply put some nitrogen after you pull a vaccum to see if it leaks. As far as buying the guages........go buy a local heating/cooliung place and spent the$

Do most manifold gauges have a vacuum gauge? I would like to leak check the system so I want a vacuum gauge on the manifold or pump. Harbor freight has some pumps with no vacuum gauges but they might be an option.

Any ideas on a good place to buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom