Where to buy SM420 Index ring & T/O sleeve?? (1 Viewer)

Since Extreme Bends isnt making/selling anymore SM420 stuff, where could i get an Index ring and the release bearing(aka throwout bearing) sleeve? Ive got my 420 bolted to my t-case just waiting to be installed:D

Advanced Adapters has a kit for this. it comes with a new pilot bushing and input shaft bearing retainer that is the size of your bell housing and it fits the throwout bearing.

kyle

I saw that on their site. Im not lookin to spend $186 on this though. "IF" i can find somewhere with a ring and sleeve, it shouldnt cost more than $40.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

"IF" i can find somewhere with a ring and sleeve, it shouldnt cost more than $40.

Try Classic Cruisers.

As far as your comment on the cost:

Make it yourself and let us know how much time you end up having to put into it, and what the materials/tooling cost you....or price it out at a machine shop to have these pieces made.... :lol:

:beer:

i saw the index rings go for $25 from mike smythe (waiting for reply from him)
Saw the sleeve pinhead made out of exhaust tubing, couldnt imagine it costing more than $20 in materials/time. EBI's costs were $46 for ring, $36 for sleeve. Either EBI was spendy, or mikes were cheap. if classic cruisers dont have them, sounds like im makin a sleeve. The index ring is gonna be the probem, i can feel it now.

pjohnson

SILVER Star

I have one of Mikes indexing rings that I will not be using. It's yours for $25 shipped to your door.

I can check on a sleeve also from a friend.

Send me a PM.

Phil

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

i saw the index rings go for $25 from mike smythe (waiting for reply from him)
Saw the sleeve pinhead made out of exhaust tubing, couldnt imagine it costing more than $20 in materials/time. EBI's costs were $46 for ring, $36 for sleeve. Either EBI was spendy, or mikes were cheap. if classic cruisers dont have them, sounds like im makin a sleeve. The index ring is gonna be the probem, i can feel it now.

FYI-

Mike Smythe has not had anything made/to ship since 2004...

:beer:

Poser- Good call on Classic Cruisers. They were extremely helpful and went out of there way to get me the index ring and sleeve. Cost was just under $70. It seems well worth it, especially since the customer service was so good. THanks again. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on Mike Smythe.:beer:

Pjohnson-ended up gettin the package deal from Classic Cruisers. Thanks though. PM vtcruiser60, he also needs the index ring and sleeve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom