Where to buy OE Toyota parts locally? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. So when I was here a few years ago I usually dealt with Dan at American. Now that he's gone who do you guys use locally? I just called them for a windshield moulding for my 98 Tacoma and they told me it was discontinued. I called the place in Las Vegas that I used when I was there and they said there were 3 in L.A depot. Seems like the guy that answered the phone at American didn't really know much.

Walk into American Toyota. Tell the sales vultures you are going to parts. The fella I recommend is Don. He will be on the right at the counter. Make sure you mention the MUD discount. If you walk in with a part number it will help greatly.

Bottom line ... don't call until you develop a relationship.

Last edited:
Don is working the front counter now? No s***?
Well, ya. Has been for a long time. Just ordered an air filter from him this morning. Jim and Tom are in the back.

Antonio 'retired' but he's still there working every time I go in for parts. Also make sure you ask for the "MUD Discount" when you're talking with Antonio or Don.

Another tip I can add is do some legwork beforehand and skip the phone call, if you can. Go to PartsOuq or Partznet to get the part # you need. Then email Sean Keller, the parts manager for a quote. Always send your VIN just to make sure everything is good. Sometimes I'll add a pic or screen shot of the actual part just to eliminate confusion. He'll send you a quote and a lead time then you can act accordingly.

sean.keller@LHmauto.com

I used McGeorge website to get the part numbers I needed then went in and spoke to Don I believe to order parts. I went in this morning to pick them up and Don wasn't there so there was a little confusion about my order. Finally got it figured out and got the Mud discount.

I know there are several online places I could order parts from but I much rather deal with someone local. I don't mind paying a little more for it. Always dealt with Centennial Toyota when I was in Las Vegas and had a very good relationship with them.

... then went in and spoke to Don I believe to order parts. I went in this morning to pick them up and Don wasn't there so there was a little confusion about my order.

This should not have been a problem. They all know how to look up an order.

The local Toyota dealers in the Chicago area just turn the screen around when I ask for cruiser parts and say "look for what you need". And they charge 120% of what I used to pay to American Toyota in the C-Dan days.

Where do you go for the correct cruiser parts and for a fair price in 2019?

I've ordered from Norwalk Toyota in CA online several times now - been pretty happy with that experience overall. Also recently bought some bushings from Partsouq. Even with shipping from Dubai it was significantly cheaper than buying from a US dealer, and they got here like 3 days after I ordered. I've found you have to shop around a little to find the best prices.

It's not like the old days where you just told Beno you were rebuilding your front axle and he sent you everything you didn't know you needed!

For expensive stuff I check Partsouq first, but I also price check domestically. Sometimes Partsouq amazes me, other times I'm shocked at how much they want.

Domestically I have bookmarked:

I have not needed to use them … yet. There is one part I need for the 3RZ transplant that I will probably get from Camelback.

I didn't know that Antonio "retired". I usually work with Don. The VIN helps in a few cases, like when I needed a replacement fuel door for my '93 4-Runner. Antonio made sure I got the correct part.

Antonio is still there. Just working part time. Both him and Don have been helping me although I usually give them part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom