Where to buy maintenance parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this is redundant, did some forum searching and surfed through the vendor forums first, but curious where do you all buy your regular maintenance parts from?

Example, I'm baselining the 2008 we got from my aunt, and looking for filters, fluids, spark plugs to start. Back in my VW Diesel days had a couple great vendors that sold interval packages, looking for something like that or at least an easy to use website. Big bonus if I can support somebody here. Most of what I saw seemed specialized or custom. Thanks!

Basic stuff I get OEM from Amazon. Anything more than just filters and plugs, I get at a dealer where I've asked for (and get) a 25% discount. There are lots of threads on here about parts you can find with a search using that term. If you do order from any on-line source, watch out for high shipping and handling charges.

Sorry, I'm new here and don't know of any specific forum supporting vendors to refer you to.

I got coolant, filters, transmission fluid and diff oil from Amsoil. The $10 6-month membership with worth it for the discounts. Free shipping over $100. 2008 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER (5.7L 8 -cyl Engine Code 3UR-FE 5) Motor Oil, Filters and Lubricants - AMSOIL

For the transfer case fluid, I used Ravenol J1C1003 SAE 75W MTF-3 Full Synthetic from amazon Amazon product ASIN B00QPCL7ZE
You cannot go wrong using all the Toyota recommend fluids. With shipping costs, it's usually cheapest to buy it from your local dealer. I found Mcgeorge Toyota's online parts to have good prices but the shipping was pretty slow.

The stock spark plugs I believe are good for 120k. It is recommended to stay with the stock Denso (3421) SK20HR11 Iridium Long Life Spark Plugs for the 5.7 engine.

Good luck and have fun.

I used to buy from CDAN and then BENO, but I'm not sure who the current vendors active on 'mud are.

The last couple of parts I've purchased from Olathe parts. They've been good to work with and their prices are very fair, even with shipping.

My local dealer sucks, I only buy from them if there is absolutely no other option. They don't stock anything for the cruiser and have to order everything, so it isn't any faster than ordering online. They aren't friendly, and act like it is some sort of hassle to get parts for me, even when I come in with part numbers and all they need to do is order. I hope you have a better experience.

First place I go to is: Toyota Parts Deal Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online

For a while Toyota of Puyallup had good deals. They also have great service and will call if things on the order don't look right. Parts | Toyota auto parts request form DuPont | Toyota Of Puyallup

I complete agree with avoiding the dealer. They haven't figured out how to properly monetize the parts business. It exists almost as an afterthought, or as an internal parts source for the service department that happens to sell over the counter too. One local dealer uses two software suites, one to manage inventory, the other to generate the invoice. That latter requires walking over to the service counter to make payment. Stupid system.

I like Bell Lexus. They have an ebay store with the most common items. If you call, you will always get 30% off. Sadly, I have to call a dealer in AZ because parts dept in OK refuses to be competitive.

Last edited:
Can’t say enough good things about Kurt at cruiser outfitters, and last I checked he can get OE parts too. Give him as much business as you can.

Camelback recently changed their shipping promotions and are less competitive than they used to be.

Never hurts to learn how to look up part numbers yourself and ask a dealer if they will give you a discount if you call with numbers. Many won’t be willing to accommodate, but some will, knowing you are doing all the work for them. Plus having a face-to-face relationship with a local business can be really helpful on occasion.

I used to use Camelback, but they just went full retard.

Norfolk appears to be my new go to. There is a discount code too floating around here. Good service so far.

Cruiser Outfitters/Kurt is pretty amazing too.

+1 on McGeorge for parts online. Even though they're not as cheap, Olathe Toyota has been very helpful on the phone when the diagrams arent clear. Occasionally they will price match.

If you're in Central Texas, Laurie at Round Rock Toyota has been very helpful in finding parts that show as discontinued. And Cedar Park Toyota has free food and coffee. They're trying to be Lexus.

thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm in Charlotte, NC - will try our locals, we bought a used Tacoma for my FiL from Scott Clark and had an amazing dealer experience from them, so I'll give them a try. Amazing as in - priced below KBB, as advertised, and then they fixed a few things after the deal was done because they "noticed it in final inspection" doing the final delivery prep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom