Where to buy African outback drawers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't seem to find them anywhere now that slee doesn't carry them. I'm kinda on a time restraint as far as building some goes. I would also love the bed extensions as well, any ideas? Thanks:)

Last edited:
Yoda -

I think those are AO drawers at MAF. If you look at the picture on the side of the drawer you can see "African Outback".

- Mark

Yoda -

I think those are AO drawers at MAF. If you look at the picture on the side of the drawer you can see "African Outback".

- Mark

Haha, thanks. Even better for the OP. I saw 'Advanced Off-Road' at the top of the page and thought is was some fancy in house branding. :doh:

SLO60 - Jeff Kaufman might be another alternative. He was reving his drawer business back up and it's a killer product.

WOW....let's see, mortgage payment or AO drawers, hmmmm....I do love my cruiser though! thanks for the info:)

I have a friend working on a solution for me right now that you may be interested in. Should be much cheaper than what is on the market, stackable duel units with a top tie- down system. I'll post pix when he is done, probably in a couple of weeks.

Cool I'll keep a lookout for it. Yeah shipping 200lbs of wood from another continent can't be very cost effictive. Plus the 90 day waiting period kinda kills the whole deal . I've been reading lots of posts and many killer setups have been made, guess it's only fair I take a whack at it:)

We picked up ours from Christo @ Slee Off Road years ago... but i think he stopped importing them. He had some bitchen drawers on display at Overland Expo this past weekend.. don't know if they're for sale yet...

Here's the sticker on my Outback Rollers Drawers. Even though you probably won't be able to read it, in the bottom right hand corner it says OUTBACK 4WD INTERIOR ACCESORIES
001.jpg
0420101911.jpg

I have a friend working on a solution for me right now that you may be interested in. Should be much cheaper than what is on the market, stackable duel units with a top tie- down system. I'll post pix when he is done, probably in a couple of weeks.

I'd be VERY interested in this if he could develop a style that would double stack and allow for one of the third row seats next to it.

You say slee had them on display, I wonder what the status is on those? Perhaps that's why he stopped selling the AO's. Does anybody happen to have a floorplan with some dimensions of the 80? I'm working offshore and can't get to my truck for a few weeks. Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it:cheers:

I'd be VERY interested in this if he could develop a style that would double stack and allow for one of the third row seats next to it.

That's what he is building for me. We took all the measurements last weekend. I sometimes use one seat in the back, sometimes remove it, so I wanted a modular system. These will be capable of being stacked and latched together, or separated. They will tie into the factory seat anchors.

Tops will have a flush mounted track system that will incorporate ratchet straps that can slide up and down the track and lock in any spot.

The boxes themselves will be alot higher than anything else I have seen- like 14". He is going to design this so that a drawer can be used with it, or the box can be left "open" and will fit milk crates inside- should fit 3 on bottom and 2 on the top with the 2nd row seat taper. HTH

That's what he is building for me. We took all the measurements last weekend. I sometimes use one seat in the back, sometimes remove it, so I wanted a modular system. These will be capable of being stacked and latched together, or separated. They will tie into the factory seat anchors.

Tops will have a flush mounted track system that will incorporate ratchet straps that can slide up and down the track and lock in any spot.

The boxes themselves will be alot higher than anything else I have seen- like 14". He is going to design this so that a drawer can be used with it, or the box can be left "open" and will fit milk crates inside- should fit 3 on bottom and 2 on the top with the 2nd row seat taper. HTH

Sweet. Definitely keep me posted on this. I have three girls 4 and under that barely fit into the middle row with their car seats. :eek: It would be nice to get one extra body in there but still keep some storage. I find that my OCD and the storage capacity of my drawers are a baaaaaaaaaaad mix. :D

Sweet. Definitely keep me posted on this. I have three girls 4 and under that barely fit into the middle row with their car seats. :eek: It would be nice to get one extra body in there but still keep some storage. I find that my OCD and the storage capacity of my drawers are a baaaaaaaaaaad mix. :D

Yeah, I've been there with the car seats, so I have felt your pain. I had a TJ before this, and sometimes put all 3 kids, including 2 car seats in the back, now THAT was cramped!

Here's the sticker on my Outback Rollers Drawers. Even though you probably won't be able to read it, in the bottom right hand corner it says OUTBACK 4WD INTERIOR ACCESORIES

I picked up mine just like these today from a freight forwarder near SFO. Took me about 60 days from payment to pickup to get them (including about 2 weeks of the pallet making its way from Long Beach, CA to SSF). They were not cheap, but if you want these, call or email Outback and ask for Matt, he is the guy that can arrange to get them from Cairns, Aus. to the port of your choice in the USA.

-Dogburn

Warfield Off-road :: Home has a new product that may be of interest, modular drawers, made to set side by side or stack, They are made to order in any size and configuration you want up to 24" wide by 40" deep, and 13" tall for one low price. Check the web site for details.

Last edited:
Thanks, those are some clean drawers:hillbilly: Now i have some more info to sort through. Much appreciated:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom