where to buy a lift? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
where should i order a 4" lift kit from, who is the most dependable company out there? and if you would like to, what brand lift do yall run?

See if you can get a deal where you don't have to pay shipping or catch 4wheelparts ona free shipping weekend. Find your best internet price and 4 wheel parts will also match it.

4wheelparts is having a free shipping weekend for fathers day. Was just there and they are only carrying one 2.5 inch lift for the fj40.

320t said:
4wheelparts is having a free shipping weekend for fathers day. Was just there and they are only carrying one 2.5 inch lift for the fj40.

2.5", go for the 4" skyjacker. That's what I have along with 33 inch tires

After vs Before 4" lift. Both with 33's. That's before I took the hard top off and put it in the shed.
lift.jpg

I think the more important question is which lift to buy. I would suggest riding in several options 'cause many of the vendors claims are, well, lets say, very optimistic about the ride quality. You can't believe the guy who is selling it because they will say what you want to hear. Hook up with other Cruiser owners see what works.

dgangle said:
I think the more important question is which lift to buy. I would suggest riding in several options 'cause many of the vendors claims are, well, lets say, very optimistic about the ride quality. You can't believe the guy who is selling it because they will say what you want to hear. Hook up with other Cruiser owners see what works.

I second this notion.

well, that would be good, but there arnt any other cuisers that A) are in my city, or B) have a lift.... so, uh.... #%$

Personally I don't think any lift is going to ride all too great on a fj40. I run a skyjacker 2.5 with extended shackles on mine with 33's. It rides OK for a lifted cruiser, and probably a bit softer than a 4 inch kit. I've heard good things about the CCOT lifts, and also the downey springs, and of course the OME stuff. Skyjacker works for me and is probably going to be the easiest to find. But shipping is going to be the killer. And I'm sure somebody is going to pipe up before too long and tell you not to buy JTO pinnacle springs, because they suck big wads.

I second the BDS Springs. CCOT use to put BDS on all their cruisers before they went to the HFS springs. I put a 4" BDS kit on mine and have been happy with the springs. Liquid Offroad is the best price online and is even better if you catch them with their free shipping sale (when I first checked with Liquid it was free shipping but not when I when I later when to buy). I e-mailed BDS and they gave me a dealer 45 mins away and I got it with free shipping but had to pay tax.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom