Where to begin - P0441 / C1201 / C1241 / C1268 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We had to run down to SLC yesterday. It was super hot. On our way back to Idaho Falls, just cruising on the interstate, my dash lit up. I got all the suspect lights flashing at me...Check VSC System, CEL, 4LO. I pulled the following codes:

P0441 - Evaporative emission control system incorrect purge flow
C1204 - Brake booster sensor circuit range/performance
C1241 - Low battery positive voltage or abnormally high battery positive voltage
C1268 - L4 signal pickup malfunction

No drivability issues at all. Never missed a beat. No drop in MPGs. Gas cap was on and secure. First instinct is to replace the battery based on the C1241 low voltage code. Battery is around 4 years old so it's right on the edge. Hasn't given me any issues though. However maybe the excessive heat yesterday did it in. I know a bad battery or battery on the fritz will do this.

Just curious if anyone has seen this combination of codes before. I'll replace the battery tonight and go from there. Thanks in advance for any input.

Guy

My guess is battery. Heat really is of no consequence.
Yeah 10-4. I hear you on the heat. Just thought the excessive heat may have been a trigger. On our way to and from SLC yesterday, I'd never seen so many disabled vehicles on the side of the interstate. It was crazy. Mostly tires based on my observations but I'm sure other issues as well. Thanks.

I'd certainly start with the battery. The barrage of seemingly random unrelated codes makes it less likely that it's any one of the individual systems. Once you shut it off, did it have any difficulty starting again? I suppose the other issue could be alternator, but you'd kill down your battery and then have drivability issues once there was not enough juice to keep things going... Does the voltage meter on the dash show ~14V when running?

I'd certainly start with the battery. The barrage of seemingly random unrelated codes makes it less likely that it's any one of the individual systems. Once you shut it off, did it have any difficulty starting again? I suppose the other issue could be alternator, but you'd kill down your battery and then have drivability issues once there was not enough juice to keep things going... Does the voltage meter on the dash show ~14V when running?
No issues restarting it after pumping gas. The voltage meter was showing <14 volts. Good point. I should have mentioned that. The needle was resting closer to the tick mark under 14 volts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom