Where the hell did this go and how do I get it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SmokingRocks

hopelessly addicted to Cruisers
Threads
IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

My tach doesnt work and I've been trying to figure out why. The wiring harness was replaced and it still doesnt work. I've been looking at this "noise filter" in the diagram but all I've found is a plug with nothing plugged into it.

That kinda looks like and abs plug to me.

IIRC it is a small gray plastic square with a metal tab sticking off of it, with a hole in the tab large enough for a 12mm head 8mm bolt, where it should be attached to something solid. I THINK it is bolted down near the supports for the charcoal canister from the factory, but I could be wrong on the last part. Don't have my truck with me or I'd get a pic.

I figured it out and it does live on the abs bracket.

Problem now is that it's part number doesn't bring anything up on the webs.

90980-04110

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

the part number most definely brings up exactly what you need. its the capacitor so your radio doesnt squel

Do they go bad very often?

It's just a capacitor and likely unrelated to your tach problem. Do you hear a RPM-related whining when listing to AM radio? If so you need that capacitor. Otherwise forget about it.

Technically capacitors have a life span of 10-15 years. Less with heavy use. Its filtering the high frequency of the tach signal to ground. But being disconnected i doubt is the issue

I hear the rpm wine on the fm radio. It gets worse when I turn on the head lights. The only ground I haven't checked and cleaned is head unit. I've been putting that off.

The wine got worse when I did a tune up . I replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires . I do have a separate amp installed where the sub used to be that's grounded to the body with an 18" long cable, also the rca patch cords and the power cable run next to each other starting at the rear door. not the best setup , but that's how I bought it. adjusting the gain levels did help but the engine whine is still there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom