where the f$%@k do i get bearing pullers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
trying to get the bearings out of my tranny because i need to replace the needle bearings but i cant get the shafts out and nowhere seems to have a damn puller. or any other idea's would be awesome as well:D

Howdy! If this is on an H41/42 four speed, then your in for a challenge. Regular bearing pullers do not do the job. SEARCH for this and you will find info on how to do it. John

Go to Auto Bone...they have a special tool lending program...
they dont have one. noone does
Howdy! If this is on an H41/42 four speed, then your in for a challenge. Regular bearing pullers do not do the job. SEARCH for this and you will find info on how to do it. John
i found all the threads on how to and have the fsm just need pullers.

or are you saying theres a way without puller? because that would make me extra special happy

If you have a bearing that is seized to the output shaft like I did you could be in for a nightmare. This may help you. Marlin Crawler ToyBox Install Instructions

I was able to use off the shelf Craftsman pullers for all the bearings that were not stuck. A brass drift and BFH were very handy also. If you read the link I posted you will find that your local Toyota dealer should have all the pullers if you need to go that route.

If you have a bearing that is seized to the output shaft like I did you could be in for a nightmare. This may help you. Marlin Crawler ToyBox Install Instructions

I was able to use off the shelf Craftsman pullers for all the bearings that were not stuck. A brass drift and BFH were very handy also. If you read the link I posted you will find that your local Toyota dealer should have all the pullers if you need to go that route.
you are awesome. none of my bearings are stuck. about how much were those pullers if you remember? looks like im headed to sears.

couple of guys in our circle had this same problem and if you are replacing the bearing then then they just welded a piece of 2x2 to the bearing and made a slide hamer setup out of it and the sucker comes right off. bearing is not to expensive as i remember reading good luck, there is a thread on NFC under anyone have a bearing puller got to: Does anyone have a transmission bearing puller like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom