Where is your oil pressure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

billdance said:
Mine is just below the lower mark....is that normal?

Mine rides right below the lower mark too at cruising speed. I always have thought that was a bit low, but I have never put a real gauge on it to know. Been that way for the last 15k with no problems though.

autometer mechanical insturment reads about 50psi at 55mph...

Mine stays below the low mark too. I was running around 4 quarts low on oil and it didn't change at all when I filled it up.

Stock gauges are a joke.
Mr. Autometer sez 55 psi at speed...

I bought a cheap ass oil gauge to check mine... Haven't put it in yet. I was worried myself also because mine rides just below the second mark at cruising speed when warm. One day it was around 95 out and we drove out to the Palo Duro Canyon and at idle it was down to the lowest mark. I had just put in Castrol Syntec blend 10w30 so I was considering moving up to 10w40. What does everybody else run?

I run 40wt in the summer and 10-40 in the winter. My oil pressure is always at the high mark but drops just below the high mark after highway running for a while. I thought that was an indication of worn cam bearings. Could also be that my gauge is just BS'n me to the high side.
I think it takes 20psi minimum to get oil everywhere.

Ed

autometer gauge reads 60 psi while driving at speed.

i also hang right around the 2nd mark, anything from just above, to right over it.
at warm idle the needle drops pretty far down.
she don't knock or make any funny noises, so i guess all is well.

As mentioned the OEM guage will tell you there is pressure but little else.

To answer your question I run 50 psi hot using 10W30 Mobile 1 and have bypass spring set at 70 psi for the cold mornings. (SBC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom