Where is this tow hitch from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally got all the rust holes welded and got the rear cross member installed. I am not sure where this tow hitch is from, but this tow hitch came with the car. The tow hitch was held by only two bolts in the middle holes with nuts welded on the cross member. I am trying to use this to bring hole diggers. Should get all the holes drilled to install this? Would two holes in the middle be enough? This is about half an inch thick steel. Should I use washers or bolts to close the gap between the cross member and the tow hitch? I lost bolts for these. What is the bolt size with pitch?

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

looks home made,
NO 2 bolts would not be sufficient
are you going to install the main rear crossmember? without it you have no strength tying everything together
myself I wouldn't use it.

I'm guessing thats from Big Bubba Bills Backwoods Barn. I'd relegate it to Lawn art and repace it with one of the newer ones from Draw-tite or similar. I used one intended for a Yukon that did require 4 holes to be drilled but lined up nicely with the frame rail and the existing center bumper bolts. Think it was about $120 off amazon. ALso there is a piggy back wiring kit for a later toyota that fits right into the stock harness and eliminates the need to cut/splice wires.

I'm guessing thats from Big Bubba Bills Backwoods Barn. I'd relegate it to Lawn art and repace it with one of the newer ones from Draw-tite or similar. I used one intended for a Yukon that did require 4 holes to be drilled but lined up nicely with the frame rail and the existing center bumper bolts. Think it was about $120 off amazon. ALso there is a piggy back wiring kit for a later toyota that fits right into the stock harness and eliminates the need to cut/splice wires.

I just ordered one. I will post a photo once I install a proper one above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom