Where is this oil leak coming from? 3F engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hely fellow landcruisers brothers,

I recently checked under the hood of my 92 landcruiser and checked that by the very end of the engine bay close to the steering wheel.
I changed the gasket for the camshaft last year.
There is a huge leak of oil. I don't know if it is the oil pump or another part.

I need some help please locating this piece. I try to take the best pictures possible.

Thanks👍

IMG_4350.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

IMG_4353.jpeg

IMG_4354.jpeg

@UsedLuxury will do! Thanks for the advice.
@jonheld Thanks, Yes there is spotting in the driveway sometimes big sometimes just spotting. I changed the oil with 298K on the clock. After that started leaking more oil than usual.

Just a guess, but does the 3FE in the FJ80 have the same weakness of the infamous oil galley plug that plagued the FJ62's? Maybe something to look at.

I will hold and change all of that when a major repair to the engine will be needed. For now, I guess marking territory pissing oil all over.:rofl::steer:

Verify that it isn't the oil galley plug as @KLF mentioned, that can let go fully and quickly dump all your oil.

I was trying to find where exactly the oil pulley is located but was not able to find it. Do you have any ideas on where to look? @RockDoc
Thanks

Sorry, I see lots of the pics in the old threads in the FAQ I linked are dead....

Pic in the first post of this thread should show where (near #5 spark plug):

I think this is a good thread on fixing it if it's leaking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom