Where is the place to get 1fz 97 motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 cruiser that has a bad engine , would it be better to rebuild it or just put in a new engine ? I’m not sure of what had happend but the motor is toast . The engine won’t crank and the crank pulley will not turn by hand .

You can still buy a short block from Toyota. Or here in the classifieds used motored come up for sale all the time.

Be aware, 4200 is going rate for a short block at retail pricing. Toyota does not offer a long block option.

Used motors can be had for a grand usually.

Be aware, 4200 is going rate for a short block at retail pricing. Toyota does not offer a long block option.

Used motors can be had for a grand usually.
The only downfall of the used motor that are for sale is the high mileage .

Good condition, came in a parts truck I bought. PO started doing the hg as PM and gave up. Was too rusty so I parted out

PXL_20201012_164428513.jpg

PXL_20201012_164433508.jpg

received_3101726203272232.jpeg

Sweet. According to description it’s an 8 cyl 1fz 😂

On a serious notE I wonder if all head components are new
yea that threw me off too haha. I'm curious about that also. I would hope so for the price!

$9500 bucks might seem like a lot of money for a factory engine but it's not. Here's the funny thing, if you were to do a complete rebuild on a used motor, using all new factory replacement parts, then add in the machine shop cost to do all the machine work, plus the labor to put the motor together you'll be at, or over that 9500 dollar cost. If you go with the factory motor you'll get the added bonus of a factory warranty.

Good condition, came in a parts truck I bought. PO started doing the hg as PM and gave up. Was too rusty so I parted out
The truck doesn't look that rusty from your pictures? Oh well, it convinced me not to attempt a PM hg job myself lol.

Anyway @LandCruiser65 I'd just keep an eye out for a used engine like people have been saying. Plenty of people pull out perfectly good engines to swap in a V8.

A brand new engine probably isn't worth it IMO unless the rest of the truck is in excellent condition and/or you're doing a full restoration along with it. A rebuild can be reasonable if you pull the engine yourself and bring it to a machine shop with your own parts.

Btw, how'd you determine the engine is toast? I've seen a few threads here recently where people thought it was knocking and it turned out to just be a steering gear or something else minor.

I have a 97 cruiser that has a bad engine , would it be better to rebuild it or just put in a new engine ? I’m not sure of what had happend but the motor is toast . The engine won’t crank and the crank pulley will not turn by hand .
What actually occurred? Did the engine seize under load? Symptoms? Noises, smoke????

Have you dropped the oil to check for evidence of metal? Filter?
Even if it's spun a big end bearing a replacement crank & conrod would be significantly cheaper and easier than rebuilding a replacement short block.
I'd be pulling the sump before committing to pulling the engine.

I just look at this thread: Goose Gear 80 Series Engine Replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/goose-gear-80-series-engine-replacement.1257278/ and the OP has spent an awful lot of time and money on what turned out to be a simple blown headgasket.

Remove the spark plugs then try to turn the crank by hand (long breaker bar and 30mm socket). If coolant shoots out of any of the holes you have your answer.

What actually occurred? Did the engine seize under load? Symptoms? Noises, smoke????

Even if it's spun a big end bearing a replacement crank & conrod would be significantly cheaper and easier than rebuilding a replacement short block.

I just look at this thread: Goose Gear 80 Series Engine Replacement - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/goose-gear-80-series-engine-replacement.1257278/ and the OP has spent an awful lot of time and money on what turned out to be a simple blown headgasket.
🤫

Could that cause the crank not to turn ? I’m not sure what happend but the old lady was driving it so she just said it made a wierd clacking sound than just Stop running while she was driving . I crank it but it sounds like the starter is stuck . The only sound I’m hearing is the starter trying to start . It just makes a single click and I can fell the impact through the frame of the car . My brother said he think the timing chain broke and it’s jammed inside the front cover .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom