Where is the pig tail located Aux Fuel Pump Switch. Pic Includes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Day

Does anyone know where the (AUX Fuel Pump Switch) pigtail is located on the FZJ80?

SW1.jpg

SW2.png

SW3.png

Found the Pig Tail under the center glove box in between the front seats.

Those connectors are for OEM seat heater switches and definitely not the subtank.

I don't think there is a pigtail for the subtank switch on north american FZJ80s, since the subtank was never an option here. But I hesitate to say this with 100% certainty since there is a subtank connector underneath the driver side rear door. So some of the required wiring may be present. You may need a subharness to make it plug-and-play, since in addition to the subtank switch there was also a subtank level gauge that was part of the overhead compass console. Search some of the older OEM aux tank install threads for more info.

Those connectors are for OEM seat heater switches and definitely not the subtank.

I don't think there is a pigtail for the subtank switch on north american FZJ80s, since the subtank was never an option here. But I hesitate to say this with 100% certainty since there is a subtank connector underneath the driver side rear door. So some of the required wiring may be present. You may need a subharness to make it plug-and-play, since in addition to the subtank switch there was also a subtank level gauge that was part of the overhead compass console. Search some of the older OEM aux tank install threads for more info.

Thanks

No only is the harness stuff in the dash area missing, the ECU that controls the pump based on main tank being full or sub being empty are missing... You either purchase all the missing bits (not US spec) or roll your own transfer pump scheme and cutoff to work with the subtank switch (which is only a momentary action switch). I went the latter path and did my own harness/'ECU' etc.

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom