Where is the best place to buy a Half Tub from for my 77' 40?

Visit site
Reviews on 1/2 tubs from the handful of existing suppliers in business right now are mixed to say the least. Poor fit, poor finish, use of thin steel, dimensions being off, are all common complaints it seems.

I looked at several suppliers when I needed a new tub, and even considered piecing one together from Real Steel body parts, but ultimately went with Aqualu and am very pleased. I also looked at Gozzard, and probably would have gone that route but the wait was many months at the time. The only supplier in steel that I looked at was TESEVEN, but the cost was too high given exchange, shipping.

Bottom line: I personally can’t think of a 1/2 tub supplier in steel that I would recommend right now. Others may have a different view and I’d be interested in hearing it.

Visit site
Looking to buy a Half Tub for my 77 FJ40, I see a vendor on eBay but wondered if there is a preferred vendor for this item?
Call and talk to "Classic Cruisers" in Poncha Springs (Salida). I walked around their shop and they had several for their resto's. As far as I know they don't sell them but they could point you in the right direction.
I owned a Aqualu tub cruiser and it did the job but it definitely wasn't OEM in appearance. All have some fit issues from what I am told.
Good Luck!!

YODA 88 62

SILVER Star
Visit site
This may be another option you could look at in the future. More detail regarding tubs in this thread:

Visit site
The quality question with this chinese product remains unanswered.
Our community is waiting for the first shipment: they promise OEM quality, let see what they do really offer!

There are some other options, e.g. in France. They promise a OEM quality too.
However, they can be pricey:

PS. No affiliation!

Last edited:
Visit site
I think CCOT may have had good tubs at one point, but their QC seems to have fallen off the wagon lately. My 3/4 tub was mis-constructed and needed cutting, and another 'mudder is running into the same currently. 🤔 They're workable, and the steel seems decent enough, but overpriced for the quality issues currently (at least in their last batch). I'm pretty curious on how the Alibaba route shakes out, as most of the current steel offerings are fairly lackluster.

I think @Jetlander was pretty happy with his Aqualu, other than the trans tunnel. If you're not going for OEM-spec, that's probably the route I'd go. I can't speak to the glass (Gozzard) route, either, but they seem decently recreated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom