Where is everyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Current view of hwy 89
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437271701.023546.jpg

I'm hoping to be back in an 80 series this weekend. Its all stock for now but my friend has some stuff from his LX450 he is going to trade me so I'll hopefully have it lifted like my last one this winter.

I only have about $3000 to spend and prefer the look of the 80 series. The 80 I was supposed to pick up Sunday got sold out from under me so now I'm back searching again.

My 80 is officially non-op'd. Still burning oil, and wont pass a smog. At this point, i am planning on diving into the engine to figure out the problem. If it's valve's I'll adjust and try smog again, if its rings, I'll end up selling her off for parts.

On the positive side, i picked up a 92 Accord for $400, so at least i have a fuel efficient beater for now. Driving the Honda does point out the severe lack of HP the 80 had, LOL!

Noooooo! Don't sell her.
Replace the motor if need be.

My 80 is officially non-op'd. Still burning oil, and wont pass a smog. At this point, i am planning on diving into the engine to figure out the problem. If it's valve's I'll adjust and try smog again, if its rings, I'll end up selling her off for parts.

On the positive side, i picked up a 92 Accord for $400, so at least i have a fuel efficient beater for now. Driving the Honda does point out the severe lack of HP the 80 had, LOL!

A valve adjustment won't change how much oil leaks into the combustion chamber. You can try a product that helps expand rubber seals to see if that makes it better. You could always look for a good used engine here on mud then sell yours to make some money back to offset the cost.

I guess if you decide to part it out and not get her back on the road let me know.

For now the plan is to try and fix whatever is wrong. However, i will be selling some parts to help fund some of the repair cost. I have a 50" LED light bar (amazon special) and the front Metal Tech bumper / winch combo if anyone is interested.

Not going to sidetrack this thread, so if you are interested in the bumper / winch combo pm me. Light bar is spoken for.

Last edited:
how much for the bar?

Busy wheeling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom