Where in the FSM's does it cover Waterpumps? (1 Viewer)

I see reference to it in the "2F engine" FSM but it shows how to rebuild it and nothing about replacing it.

I know how to get to it and remove it, but what I'm looking for is the torque values for the bolts/nuts or anything else that might be important.

Thanks.

RockDoc

I'll take Bruce Vilanch for the block.
I assume it would be in the cooling system section, but I don't have an FSM in front of me right now to verify.

inkpot

SILVER Star
Howdy! Doesn't the FSM have a spec table at the front of each chapter that give bolt torque values? I may be thinking of Haynes. John

That's a grey area.
The part number for the bolts for an '87 should be 91612-61040 according to Toyodiy.

6 is the bolt head mark
10 is the diameter of the thread
40 is the lenghth of the bolt

The torque value, according to the table on page 10-6, says it is between 20 and 32.

That's a wide range.

I've personally changed a couple and went with the "till it feels right" setting.;)

Elbert

SILVER Star
I too, don't worry about torque values in regard to water pumps. There are published values for every fasterner on an automobile. Just just a 3/8 drive ratchet by hand and get them tight and I'm sure you'll be ok. No cheater bars or 600lb impact guns...

IndianDoc

Crazy old Biker
FSM and engine manual

I have both(FSM and Engine mannual) and the cooling system is poorly covered there is no information at all about heater cooling and oil cooler routing just info on the thermostate. I was really surprised. By the way I am looking for a set of radiator supports for ,85 FJ-60, mine got left on the old radiator and it's long gone. Small bracket with 6 bolts on radiator side and one for the body side. Pm me if ya got a set.:cheers:

Did you get the new pump in? How does it work?

Dynosoar:zilla:

So far so good...drove it around and no leaks.

I'm going to run water with some cooling system treatment in it for now until I know it's all buttoned-up tightly and to clean out the system before I go with a 50/50 mix.

Did you get the new pump in? How does it work?

Dynosoar:zilla:

So far so good...drove it around and no leaks.

I'm going to run water with some cooling system treatment in it for now until I know it's all buttoned-up tightly and to clean out the system before I go with a 50/50 mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom