Where does the PHH pipe mount to the engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing the rear heater delete today (that was surprisingly unpleasant, mostly due to access and crusty hoses). Apparently the PO replaced the PHH, which was a nice thing to learn, but he didn't bother reconnecting the pipe to the block with the 2(?) mounts. However, it's not clear to me where it should mount to the block. Anyone have any photos of where this connects? Also, the throttle cable wasn't bolted up either (the one that controls kick-down) but the bracket also doesn't have an obvious spot to bolt up too.

Mild rant: I am considering making a "PO" voodoo doll of some kind. I swear, everything the PO of this truck touched is either missing a bolt, has some RTV or duct tape involved, or has been torqued so freaking tight i need to use an impact gun. They were like the Messy Marvin of do -it-yourselfers.

I was doing the rear heater delete today (that was surprisingly unpleasant, mostly due to access and crusty hoses). Apparently the PO replaced the PHH, which was a nice thing to learn, but he didn't bother reconnecting the pipe to the block with the 2(?) mounts. However, it's not clear to me where it should mount to the block. Anyone have any photos of where this connects? Also, the throttle cable wasn't bolted up either (the one that controls kick-down) but the bracket also doesn't have an obvious spot to bolt up too.

Mild rant: I am considering making a "PO" voodoo doll of some kind. I swear, everything the PO of this truck touched is either missing a bolt, has some RTV or duct tape involved, or has been torqued so freaking tight i need to use an impact gun. They were like the Messy Marvin of do -it-yourselfers.
Just like the rest of us feel.......

I believe there is one bolt up high on the back of the head that supports that pipe. This is the one that most just break off the bracket.

Do a search for PHH replacement or go to www.absolutewitsend.com and he has a factory pipe kit on his site that you can see the bracket locations.

There's a spot on the lower intake facing the firewall and a spot up high near the EGR and TBody. If the lower bolt is out he actually did you a favor. You can run a bolt to the upper and will hold pipe fine. The missing lower bolt will ease the next time replacement is necessary.

I found it easier to get the bottom one in. IIRC the top one is on the intake next to the EGR. Easy to get out but I ended up leaving it out when I put it back together. It was a PITA for me to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom