Where do these wires go to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know where these wires go to? Three wires are on the same loom coming out of the passenger fender, a heavier gauge white and then a white & yellow to a two prong connector. The heavier wire has 12v . Or is there an online manual/schematic where I can look this up?

Truck year = 83

2DF635AB-054A-469A-B39D-BB9DEAA5E717.jpeg

37ADCDDF-30E8-4CCF-B9A1-1B19F971E5DB.jpeg

01DA8648-739B-43B9-915D-329B4123CC36.jpeg

that is the alternator wiring

Thanks @cruisermatt ! So truck now has a 5.3l vortec. The dual connector plug was isolated and not used, why would the bigger white wire be hot even with ignition off, another wire was spliced into it and it has a ring connector at the end. trying to figure out where it would be connected to??

44D73C70-17EB-4835-9EDA-CABB2CC849AF.jpeg

If the vehicle is recently purchased, orphaned wires are often sloppy carnage from previous owners redoing their own wiring scheme. They don’t think to remove or label a disconnected wire, but just disconnect it because its no longer needed — and just leave it dangling.
There’s probably half a million FJ60s by now that have mangled and mcgyvered wiring

If the vehicle is recently purchased, orphaned wires are often sloppy carnage from previous owners redoing their own wiring scheme. They don’t think to remove or label a disconnected wire, but just disconnect it because its no longer needed — and just leave it dangling.
There’s probably half a million FJ60s by now that have mangled and mcgyvered wiring
@OSS , Ive owned the truck for over 15 years and the Vortec conversion was done during my ownership. I had paid somebody to do the conversion but ended up having multiple issues, about three years ago I pulled out the engine and did some work on it myself, I disconnected the all the wires and probably forgot to reconnect the wire above. I only found it cause I’ve been working on a dual battery setup

That is the original main charge wire

Your swap probably doesn’t need it be connected to anything. Mine isn't.

It just goes straight to the battery. It splits off into the dash as well to power some constant +12v stuffz

Definitely make sure you have whatever you have for a main charge wire on some sort of fusible link

Yes, to clarify, I mean that ring terminal end only. You definitely need to keep the other end connected to the battery. At a minimum, you should tape up that ring terminal to avoid a short. I ran mine to an aux fuse box.

That’s a great idea,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom