Where do these hoses vent to??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all
I have added another cruiser to my garage and am wondering about a few hose spigots in the engine bay.
1 comes from just under the cylinder head on the engine block, about 2/3 the way back to the firewall. The other is on the rear of the rocker cover.
At first I thought that the one from the engine block must vent into the rocker cover, thus venting any oil back into the engine.............nope, all that did was blow the oil fill cap off :doh: lol.
So Im assuming that this and the rocker spigot both vent into the aircleaner assembly? There is nowhere else that has anywhere for a hose to attach to.
I vented the engine block hose straight out, but of course, it vented oil mist, as did the rocker cover.
Am I doing the right thing in venting both to the aircleaner assembly? This is an Australian fj40, 2f motor, no smog emissions gear.
Nead some quick answers hear please. Thanks for reading and thanks for any answers in advance :D

The rocker cover vent goes to the air cleaner assy, but you can install a breather filter there also. Not sure about the engine hose.

The engine-block pipe should have a rubber grommet on the end into which your PCV valve mounts. The hose goes from the PCV valve over the top of the valve cover and into your intake manifold. On a 2/75 - ?1980 rig, the port is on the bottom of the intake manifold (It's large), directly below the carb.

For other years, check out the diagram from SOR:
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat030.tam?xax=3730&page.ctx=cat030.tam

If it's spraying oil out, you likely have a blow-by problem. Check your compression.

Thanks very much for your help guys! Sweet now, and am going to do a full service including compression test this weekend. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom