Where do I run new Brake Lines? Pictures Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mosscreekwinery.com
I have searched everywhere and have not come up with a clear example of what I am looking for. I have a 1969 fj40, with a front disk conversion and replaced back cylinders with 10mm cylinders. I have a booster/master cylinder setup with 2 lines. My question is where do I run the new brake lines. I figure the front I will do just like it was previously from MC down to frame then over to other front brake.

I have seen several different methods for the rear. I would like to go straight down and back rather than over the engine. Pictures would be great or previous threads where this has been done.

I also need some 10mm fittings. All the fittings removed from my 1969 are 9mm.

These are pretty clear, from SOR, and what I was thinking of doing after speaking with Mark, but mine will not be a DD, so I will keep it 9mm stock.

Also, a couple of links that might also help;

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coolerman/fj40/SlideShows/ChassisSlideshow/185Brakes7-11.tif

Residual Valve Removal - Land Cruiser Tech from IH8MUD.com
70 71 front brakes.gif
70 71 rear brakes.gif

I have searched everywhere and have not come up with a clear example of what I am looking for. I have a 1969 fj40, with a front disk conversion and replaced back cylinders with 10mm cylinders. I have a booster/master cylinder setup with 2 lines. My question is where do I run the new brake lines. I figure the front I will do just like it was previously from MC down to frame then over to other front brake.

I have seen several different methods for the rear. I would like to go straight down and back rather than over the engine. Pictures would be great or previous threads where this has been done.

I also need some 10mm fittings. All the fittings removed from my 1969 are 9mm.

At some point, if you are keeping the brake hose from the frame and T fitting on the axle, the steel brake line will need to go to the passenger side.

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom