Where do i have 3B injection pump rebuilt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to take possession of a 82 3B i just purchased today. Will be picking it up in little over a week and wish to get started on the rebuild. I wish to have the injection pump rebuilt as soon as i can pull it. Any place here in the states anyone can recommend?

Last edited:
Is it running and do you know whats wrong with the pump?

Engine is on a pallet and I have not taken possession yet. My current 3B is going to need one when I get it from Onur so I am going to pull the new spare engine IP, rebuild and put on our new troopy.

Check with the shops in region that specialize in rebuilding diesel injection pumps / injectors / turbos. They should have the tools/skills/parts/data necessary to rebuild your IP. I had the injection pump from my 3B rebuilt this spring at a local shop. They did not recall ever working on a 3B but the pump was a standard pump that they had all the parts/tools/specs for.

I know you asked for a domestic option but... here’s a shop down under. Haven’t had any experience with them personally but here’s his Ebay user info: diesel405

Last edited:
Going to take possession of a 82 3B i just purchased today. Will be picking it up in little over a week and wish to get started on the rebuild. I wish to have the injection pump rebuilt as soon as i can pull it. Any place here in the states anyone can recommend?

Diesel Fuel Injection Service in Portland, OR.
Welcome to DFISPDX.com
I used these guys for my 13BT pump and injectors. Great shop, lots of people use them on here. I sent them injectors first, they were honest said if we can clean/rebuild we will, if not new nozzles. They cleaned and all good and was cheap even though they could have upsold and I would have had no idea.

They did my pump after that, great work, quick turnaround and good price. I called them lots of times afterwards to ask questions about the install/timing and setup and they happily answered all questions and taught me some things. Excellent service!

Jealous of you living in Steamboat, I grew up an hour north east of you.

Good info! Thanks

A bit more local-ish to Steamboat:

Front Page | Diesel Forward

Formerly Diesel Motive Power in Denver. They rebuilt my 3B rotary pump and 13B-T inline pump as well as injectors for both engines. Happy with price, outcome, etc.

What’s a ball Price park for getting the pump rebuilt? I’ve heard $100 per injector, and $600-2000 for the pump.

Good question, no clue myself.

$80-100 per injector for the IDI trucks seems about right.

$100-130 per injector for the DI trucks seems about right. Sometimes more on these.

$1000-1500 is about the sweet spot for IP rebuilds.

You can call Brian. Ship him your injection pump. He is super reliable and does beautiful work. He’s in San Diego.

C34F3191-8C83-4310-AE53-011A5B7EFD91.png

Well got initial quote from shop in Denver and am waiting to confirm if their estimate is worse case scenario. They have originally quoted me $2000 which definitely seems high. Gonna reach out to Omega Fuel injection next. The journey is just starting on this rebuild!!

Talked to Brian with Omega fuel. Very nice guy and sounds like he has done a bunch of these HE said to rebuild would run $1000-$1500 with quick turnaround.
I answered Diesel forward immediately and have yet to get response back with question to their quote. Sounds like they are no longer small shop, instead part of a corporation. I'm definitely leaning towards the small shop fella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom