Where do i find skyjacker parts/bushings? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Man, I hate having to ask so many questions!!! The more I get into this the more I find I don't know.. Anyway, I just got a good deal on a set of Skyjacker springs and I need to put all new bushings in there.. Where can I order replacement parts for a skyjacker lift? The old bushing are too wore out to see the sizes really... Do I just need the 16 bushings for the leafs or some for the factory shackles too? THANKS A LOT GUYS!!

I got bushings from TPI to replace mine after I killed a bunch of them.

Factory size bushings will work for the 8 frame side bushings, spring bushings are different. You could measure and probably get them from Specter.

You have to call TPI, there are a LOT of land cruiser parts out there that are not on the web...

call most any cruiser vendor and if they don't know what size skyjacker uses fo bushings, they can find out and sell you what you need.

I would do all 24 bushings while your under there. Minimal expense and if you can see wear on some, you might as well do them all.

measure them, and even approximate measurements will be enough to matche them to specter's bushings (afaik, they're the only ones that list the bushing sizes...)

Can't tell if the ID is 9/16 or 5/8, I know the OD is 1" and think the lip is 5/16 or 9/32 but they sell .26" so that's close there.. I just wanna buy the parts number up above that I listed...

nuclearlemon said:
call most any cruiser vendor and if they don't know what size skyjacker uses fo bushings, they can find out and sell you what you need.

I was a bit put off when I called specter and asked them for bushings for my skyjacker springs to be used with their shackles. The sales guy I talked to had no clue, told me to measure them, etc. Which was no big deal. I called back after measuring them and talked to another sales rep (who just happened to be a woman) and when I gave her the size she said "oh skyjacker springs and our HD shackles huh?" This was a few years ago, but like anywhere, it all depends on who you talk to. Some parts people are great, some suck.

any skyjacker shop in the universe can order up the kit for ya...my local guy says it's ~$75 plus a ride, kit stocked somewheres in PA, could have sent today....

The stock bushings will fit the part of the shackle that attaches to the fram. You only need skyjacker bushings for the springs. I just did this before rubithon. I can get the # tonight at home.

Part number

The part number cast into my Skyjacker spring bushings is M02232.

They were about $20, delivered, to my house, from (heaven forbid) Four Wheel Part Whoresellers. That's for 8 bushings, enough for two springs. I like to have spares around so I can fix stuff right away if it needs doing.

Any place that sells Skyjacker can look them up and order them from their paper catalog. I recall being surprised at how quickly and cheaply I was able to obtain them from above-said establishment. Hopefully you'll have the same experience!

ken_79-fj40 said:
talked to another sales rep (who just happened to be a woman) and when I gave her the size she said "oh skyjacker springs and our HD shackles huh?" This was a few years ago, but like anywhere, it all depends on who you talk to. Some parts people are great, some suck.

that's cause we women parts people rock!!! :D

nuclearlemon said:
that's cause we women parts people rock!!! :D

Yeah, I thought you would get a kick out of that. I'm a mail -order parts guy myself, and am absolutely astonished at the incompetence of some parts people. The dealer where I bought my tacoma (irwin motors in laconia nh) has a great parts department. The dealer here in Portsmouth NH has the biggest joke of a parts/service department I have ever experienced. I won't even buy an oil filter from them.

got my Skyjacker bushings via Rocky Mountain Suspensions, friendly, knowledgable, fast (3 days or so), about $20. Summit was willing to order them, too, but did not have them in their computer system, the guy on the phone was very friendly, though. Claudia

Okay, I got the bushings and u-bolts from liquid offroad... Quick easy painless deal..... Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom