Where do I attach my tach meter clip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and haven’t been able to figure out exactly where people connect their tach meter clip to get tach readings. Is my picture showing the place I should connect it to? I seem to get a tach reading on my innova timing light even when it’s not connected and it seems like the correct value but I wanted to see where I’m supposed to hook it up to see if it changes.

68FAC772-252D-4655-9EF5-B4D6CD8C5E64.jpeg

looks like the factory wire marked "b" here it goes to the ignitor. But I have wired up hot rod aftermarket tachs to the neg (signal) on the coil.

to explain: the first image is the ignitor enlarged..following the B line off of it look at the next image. Then off the page to the right and picks up on the bottom of the next page and over to the right side to the tach.

upload_2018-6-19_18-43-11.png

upload_2018-6-19_18-43-57.png

upload_2018-6-19_18-44-30.png

So don’t clip it to the terminal I have marked which should be the negative side of the coil (if I’ve got my orientation right)? Do I have to unplug the green connector that runs between the ignitor and gauge tach, and then attach a spade connector into the green connector I’ve disconnected to clip my external tach meter to or can I just clip it to the negative coil side that I’ve marked in my picture?

I think there should be a black and yellow wire running to the positive side. So the other is neg side. external tach gauge ..yes connect to the neg of the coil. I don't think you have to disconnect anything. Doesn't your tach gauge come with instructions.?

That explains why it’s always given me a reading without hooking up the tach cable, now it makes sense. Thanks gman and fjacs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom