Where did your cruiser take you today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hauled some more roofing material,. Amazing how nice a ome heavy kit rides with about 800lbs back there...

Hello locals,
An Arizonan here that's been out exploring the Stillwaters. We did Steam Shovel to the pinch point where I wish I had sliders and maybe a Suzuki Samurai! Visited the Stillwater Cabin and the Creore mine cabin I think it's called. Not sure, all new to us. Amazing area. Reminds us a bit of Panamint, but with less people.

In Reno today and need brake pads. Any of the local dealers give discounts to TLCA or cruiser folks? If not I'm fine with doing some Napa pads, but I prefer OEM size for the rear and 100 series front Toyota pads.

PXL_20201105_231414529.jpg

PXL_20201106_223644736.jpg
PXL_20201106_000525472.jpg
PXL_20201104_172758813.jpg

Dolan is the only Toyota dealership in town and I've not heard of them providing discounts. Do you know @reklund5? I'd say Utah would be the best town to get OEM pads. Kurt over at Cruiser Outfitters probably has them on-hand.

Let us know the next time you are planning a trip up here, we'd love to meet up and join you on the trail sometime!

Dolan is the only Toyota dealership in town and I've not heard of them providing discounts. Do you know @reklund5? I'd say Utah would be the best town to get OEM pads. Kurt over at Cruiser Outfitters probably has them on-hand.

Let us know the next time you are planning a trip up here, we'd love to meet up and join you on the trail sometime!

Thanks Tony,
We'll be back in late Feb when it starts warming up and would love to run some trails on weekends for fun! Should be here for at least a month split between Washoe and again out in the Stillwaters working.
I don't think I know @reklund5 , but you never know.
The Toyota parts guys there were pretty clueless. He asked why I said 80 and 100 series and what those words meant. I had told him I needed 1995 80 series Land Cruiser rear pads and 1998 100 series Land Cruiser front pads. All had to be ordered so I may do some Napa pads or see if we can make it last to AZ.
Cheers!

Thanks Tony,
We'll be back in late Feb when it starts warming up and would love to run some trails on weekends for fun! Should be here for at least a month split between Washoe and again out in the Stillwaters working.
I don't think I know @reklund5 , but you never know.
The Toyota parts guys there were pretty clueless. He asked why I said 80 and 100 series and what those words meant. I had told him I needed 1995 80 series Land Cruiser rear pads and 1998 100 series Land Cruiser front pads. All had to be ordered so I may do some Napa pads or see if we can make it last to AZ.
Cheers!

I am hoping to resurrect a 3-night camping trip up to Wheeler Peak on Mt. Patterson in Feb/March. It will still be cold at 11K feet, but I've wanted to hit that altitude for a few years now. Maybe you could join us! @reklund5 has some special knowledge of Toyota, which is why I mentioned him. I have not had much luck with local dealers when it comes to older model vehicles, so I am not surprised. Napa will get you home for sure though and Kurt and his team at Cruiser Outfitters is the place to go for parts now imo.

I am hoping to resurrect a 3-night camping trip up to Wheeler Peak on Mt. Patterson in Feb/March. It will still be cold at 11K feet, but I've wanted to hit that altitude for a few years now. Maybe you could join us! @reklund5 has some special knowledge of Toyota, which is why I mentioned him. I have not had much luck with local dealers when it comes to older model vehicles, so I am not surprised. Napa will get you home for sure though and Kurt and his team at Cruiser Outfitters is the place to go for parts now imo.
Thanks Tony. Got some Napa pads and threw them in. Kurt is a legend for sure and he's sent parts to us wherever we are in the world. Good dude and company.

That sounds fun. I'll post up when we get back to the area in the early spring and see what the plan is. 11k kills a lot of power, but it's better than at 19k when we could barely get the truck to move forward in low 1st gear. Gotta love fat slow LC's! :hillbilly:

Just order the pads online, dolan is list+ on parts.. $$_. San bernardino toyota online parts show up in 3 days..

Toyota pads are the best they don't eat rotor..

Just order the pads online, dolan is list+ on parts.. $$_. San bernardino toyota online parts show up in 3 days..

Toyota pads are the best they don't eat rotor..
We're rarely in the same place three days due to work. If so, we can sometimes ship to random USPS locations if we have time.

1606400015226.png

I helped pull this guy out of the mud over by Bellevue on Saturday night. Not my pic, I snagged it off the 4x4 rescue page. It took a truck with strap, plus my 80 and a Jeep with winches all pulling in parallel.

IMG_20201122_111428868_HDR.jpg
20201122_110001.jpg
IMG_20201122_112653656.jpg
IMG_3703.jpg
IMG_20201122_121524427_HDR.jpg

Sunday we went up Jumbo to get my daughter some experience in the XJ. I forget how differently it handles to the 80 even though I drove it for many years. She had to learn to use inertia to get through some of it, where the 80 relies on traction. At one point she pulled over too far to let a side by side through, and started to slide down the ravine a bit. The slope was very loose, I believe the 80 would have slid and flopped in that position. So we strapped the XJ to the 80, I steered the XJ while she pulled with the 80 and we were on our way again. All followed by the usual sandwich at the usual place. Good experience.

View attachment 2507077
I helped pull this guy out of the mud over by Bellevue on Saturday night. Not my pic, I snagged it off the 4x4 rescue page. It took a truck with strap, plus my 80 and a Jeep with winches all pulling in parallel.
Dang those guys with Fords think they can walk on Mud:rofl:. Way to be on the service. Would have been a hefty tow bill for him even if the would make the service call.

IMG_20210706_003731460.jpg

06-07-21_21-51-23.jpg

I spent the holiday weekend with friends scouting hunt units 031 and 032. 350 of those 750 miles were on dirt over 4 days. We started at Orovada and spent a lot of time in the Montanas and Bilk Creeks, as well as a day around Onion Reservoir. I even swam in Blue Lake. At the end we finally connected the dots between Denio Junction and Gerlach. There is about 20 miles of good road from Quinn River Crossing, but the next 50 miles were a grind until we got out on the playa. It is not a shortcut to bypass Winnemucca.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom