Where did you mount your VHF/UHF radio? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Folks with mounted shortwave radios (not the handheld units), where did you mount the base unit, the remote face plate (if any), and the microphone.

On my Surf, I mounted the base unit under the passenger seat, and the face plate in place of the field monitor, with the microphone hanging down from the headliner. However, my 80 doesn’t have enough room under the seat to do that, although I can still replace the compass / altimeter with the faceplate.

Pictures of my old install for attention.

375EC638-1260-45E4-B8FD-EE5F79B55847.jpeg

B25277E4-FDA4-482E-A56C-3D7085496C81.jpeg

Some good ideas in this thread:

I know I've seen a longer thread somewhere, couldn't find it just now though. And don't forget to check out this forum, lotta good stuff there:

Me, I'd be inclined to mount the unit on this, with the faceplate up front:

The most recent page in a very long thread on this mount:

Folks with mounted shortwave radios (not the handheld units), where did you mount the base unit, the remote face plate (if any), and the microphone.

On my Surf, I mounted the base unit under the passenger seat, and the face plate in place of the field monitor, with the microphone hanging down from the headliner. However, my 80 doesn’t have enough room under the seat to do that, although I can still replace the compass / altimeter with the faceplate.

View attachment 3009839

View attachment 3009840
I have a LX450, installed FT8900 transceiver where the disc player used to be. Faceplate is mounted with double sided tape in front of the shifters.
All told, works pretty good.

View attachment 3009839

View attachment 3009840
I fit my HAM below a single-DIN stereo deck. Mic is mounted near the mirror on a magnetic mount. Real happy with the setup. Some pics here: What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-80-this-weekend.586191/post-13403659

I use a Vero Vr-n7500.
The base unit is located under the drivers seat.
The controls are Blue Tooth linked to my Cell Phone which is held in a RAM mount off my A pillar.
1652704742100.png

The Mic/Speaker is also blue tooth controlled, so its wireless. It has a magnet and I stick it to the grill cover of the sub in the center consol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom