Where did you go with your Mini Truck or 4Runner this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
I'll kick this thread off with pictures of my '86 mini in one of my favorite places: the San Benito Badlands!

IMG_7451.JPG
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7321.JPG
IMG_7255.JPG

Wait... People actually take these trucks off road? I remember when I used to do that.

Baja. Nuff said.

22032474753_9e9a0a84b9_c.jpg

Southern Utah.
Swell.jpg

I went to the bank, the hardware store, gas station (got another "nice truck!" from some random guy), and the dump. Sorry, no pics.

I didn't go anywhere in it today. Been working on the dual ARB's install.
So, past pics of where I took "Patch", the '84 Xcab:
Old Coast Road, Big Sur-
i-6mpSbBN.jpg

Phillips Cyn, Calico-
i-zrp9M5G-M.jpg

50-odd miles SW of Jackpot, NV-
i-78w6Hqq-M.jpg

Almost Murphy's Hot Springs, NV-
i-KPJr9ZS-M.jpg

That oughta help jump-start this thread.

Sand Mountain, 20 minutes from the house :)

20161125_130443.jpg

Is that the one you broke the knuckle on?
Knuckles were fine....the diff itself snapped two studs and stripped the nuts off the balance, tweaking the mounting surface on the housing badly. See the pics in Hardcore ;)

Wildernest?

Took mine on it's first long distance run since purchase. Coastal Desert to Bullhead City and back. Did fine other than a whistle at road speed. No pics. Did go for a drive on Sat over "Christmas Tree Pass". Very interesting area just north of the road btwn Laughlin and US 95.

Wildernest?

Yes. The 30 year old Brahama shell finally cracked apart. I found a Wildernest on craigslist and the rest is history.

IMG_7964.JPG

In reality- it was probabally a terrible idea, as I bought a four wheel camper for my other truck. I've used the wildernest once. Now I have 2 trucks, with the two of the best campers ever made - but no functional pickup truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom