Where can I get parts..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While roasting my butt off in the hot Houston TX sun.....I noticed, underneath my console, in the middle, some type of panel that when opened, lets air in through the vents at the front of the winshield.

I have to manually open it since I am missing the connecting parts to the dash.... looks like it is a similar set-up to how the parking break connects to the dash.

The linkage to the panel and pivots are there....just missing the connecting parts..

Did a few searched on some of the sites....but maybe I dont know the terminology of its exact name.. I also didn't see it in my Haynes Toyota book.

Thanks...
B

thats the cowl vent. Cruiserparts, SOR, dude here......will have what ya need.

at least the early cowl vents used a cable(like the choke cable) to open close, latter might have used something different.......not sure

Still looking..... I assume it would ne the cowl vent cable? Was it a cable or a solid shaft like the parking break?

I have a 72 40 and it uses a solid shaft. It looks and works like it should be there so I would think thats stock but Im not positive on that.

Bill, different years have different configuations and yours is foreign to complicate the find.
You'll have to pore over the parts pages in here: http://www.sor.com/ to figure it out. If it's land cruiser it should be in Spector's but if you don't find it give them a call. Be prepared to describe the exact origin and year of your truck.

open vents?

hey this has been my problem I believe. After driving a bit I start to get some hot engine air blowing from under the dash. I am sure I have the vents closed. What controls the cowl vent in a 1980 FJ-40?

My 70 has a solid shaft alos..

Lunap......You shouldn't get heat.....mine gets air not from the engine area...but from the outside vents in front of the winshield... I shined a light at night to make sure I wasnt going to get engine compartment heat...

there is no cowl vent in a 80 fj40........ :confused:

lunap said:
hey this has been my problem I believe. After driving a bit I start to get some hot engine air blowing from under the dash. I am sure I have the vents closed. What controls the cowl vent in a 1980 FJ-40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom