Where can I find these exhaust insulators? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LazarusTaxa

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know where I can find these insulators? They seem to be NLA from toyota and I can't find an aftermarket part anywhere. Seems like this should be easy to find???

insulators.jpg

Aren't the stock ones like this:

1647352596910.png

The ones you have look like they were made to hang an after market exhaust.

@ToyotaMatt ?

The stock exhaust looks something like this and has arms with flat "2 hole" mounting spots for the rubber dampers above. Your picture is for mounting a muffler with slide in post style.

1647352748184.png

Yeah, those are the insulators for the front and two rear exhaust mounts. But, this is the mount right behind the cat and the diagrams show different parts here:

1647358434730.png

1647358498151.png

I know my cat was replaced with a non-oem part, but I believe this is all still the factory mounts.

Aren't the stock ones like this:

View attachment 2952955

The ones you have look like they were made to hang an after market exhaust.

@ToyotaMatt ?

The stock exhaust looks something like this and has arms with flat "2 hole" mounting spots for the rubber dampers above. Your picture is for mounting a muffler with slide in post style.

View attachment 2952958

just got here

give me a bit to UNICORN HUNER these

ill update later either way

thanks @Seth S

The 60/62 ones may be NLA but there may be another model that has similar. I did some googling and came across this ebay auction for a toyota avalon:

1647432728063.png

The 60/62 ones may be NLA but there may be another model that has similar. I did some googling and came across this ebay auction for a toyota avalon:

View attachment 2953791

SETH !

EXCELLENT TOP SECERT SKUNK WORKS here ..

tell Mrs. Seth she does NOT have to drive a HONDA any longer , i am offering you a JOB and Company TOYOTA vehicle for Mrs. Seth too ..........:D

matt

View attachment 2953791
Very good find!

Anyone have an aftermarket source for the 4 bolt, catback exhaust hangers? Karsons p/n MRP 2308

Very good find!

Anyone have an aftermarket source for the 4 bolt, catback exhaust hangers? Karsons p/n MRP 2308

i have the ones with the 4 male threaded studs on them

how manu did u need

i sent you a PM

make mew a detailed ala-cart step by step simple list

i will make it happen

matt

View attachment 2953791

Yeah, great thought. Unfortunately it looks like those are actually different. A bad perspective in the pic on the ebay ad. Here's what Partsouq shows for the currently available subsitution:

1647479431271.png

Yeah, great thought. Unfortunately it looks like those are actually different. A bad perspective in the pic on the ebay ad. Here's what Partsouq shows for the currently available subsitution:

View attachment 2954479

have you checked you PM inbox yet ?

your KEYS to your FJ60 EXAUST parts Kingdom awaits you there ..........

1CDBFE1F-55D7-40A3-9E14-130314FD5006 (1).jpeg

No PMs on exh insulators?

that's because i PM'd @60Works by mistake instead of you my friend

sorry @60Works :D:beer:

some times it gets real busy and i fumble key strokes or mouse clicks

yesterday was such a day

pm now to u

Very good find!

they're available from Toyota, I just replaced an entire set on a FJ62 last week :meh:

In the event that parts like this are NLA and there are no more easy replacements on other models of Toyota....It would be a easy part to mill out of aluminum and press a bushing into.

they're available from Toyota, I just replaced an entire set on a FJ62 last week :meh:
Thanks, Matt. The Karsons (when I bought them last) were 1/4 the price of OEM. I bought a dozen a decade ago and am now down to my last 2.

Some parts are not essential to have OEM and the Karsons have held up good enough.

that's because i PM'd @60Works by mistake instead of you my friend

sorry @60Works :D:beer:

some times it gets real busy and i fumble key strokes or mouse clicks

yesterday was such a day

pm now to u
I appreciated your PM, @ToyotaMatt, but hadn't had time to reply.

I'm aware these are still available OEM. Was just trying to save some coin on an aftermarket which was 'good enough'.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom