Where can i find bumper catch pin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

REKCUT

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 10+ year old slee single swing out rear bumper and the catch pin on the bumper that holds it open sheared off. I have tried to get one from Slee but they down have them anymore. Anyone with ideas on where to get one. Looked at Master Carr but the measurements look to small.

What size do you need I might be able to find something from airplane

Just a suggestion, you could try taking the broken catch pin pieces to a local machine shop. They should be able to fab you a replacement pin for a reasonable cost if you can't find it elsewhere.

I have a 10+ year old slee single swing out rear bumper and the catch pin on the bumper that holds it open sheared off. I have tried to get one from Slee but they down have them anymore. Anyone with ideas on where to get one. Looked at Master Carr but the measurements look to small.
How about a pic? I deal with a lot of industrial stuff and may have an idea. MMC would have been my first choice for a source.

What is the diameter and length you need? A quick google search and we should have one at your door in no time.

So what what im looking for with some research is a pull pin or several different names like this
Amazon product ASIN B07633NJXM
The only 3" long ones I can find are 3/8 diameter pin and I need 1/2. So I need Round Handle - 1/2" Dia Plunger -3" Length x 1" Diameter

My current broken pin that holds bumper open along side the current safety one that hold bumper closed if latch breaks.

20200711_110628.jpg

If I can find this actual style its a simple replacement. IF not I will have to weld in new barrel which involves re-powdercoating bumper and a lot more work

It looks like the just the tip of the pin is broke off right? Just find something at the hardware store to weld on to the broken piece.

Luckily my IPOR swingouts have the friction mod so they stay put. It's a strongman competition to open or close them!

That’s too bad Slee doesn’t carry any of the pins anymore. I was gonna reach out to them for some spares for their bumper soon.

That’s too bad Slee doesn’t carry any of the pins anymore. I was gonna reach out to them for some spares for their bumper soon.
They have a model that covers the last 10 years. Just not the older ones

Check McMaster.com Might be easier to weld on a new one.

Even Amazon carries some.
Amazon product ASIN B0786TPF6S

I just fixed one. I drilled the broken end of the pin with 3/8" bit. I turned down the end of a piece of 1/2" round bar to fit into the pin. Welded it all together with it just long enuff to go into the bumper hole, but short enuff to clear when you lift the handle.

Check McMaster.com Might be easier to weld on a new one.

Even Amazon carries some.
Amazon product ASIN B0786TPF6S

That T handle is the closest I've found. But the thread on to is different i believe. This is what slee is currently using

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom